PDA

View Full Version : Is a Ti4400 better?

PoorGuy
06-03-03, 03:04 PM
Hi I just bought a Sapphire 9500 PRO 128 mb from a friend who says it is better than the Asus Ti4400 128 mb. I've never used a high end video card before because I use the integrated intel graphics on my motherboard.

After reading some threads on this website, I think I should have bought a Ti4400 instead. If nVidia can get 24% in optimizations compared to ATi's 3% in 3DMark, doesn't this mean nVidia drivers are better than ATi's? This also would correspond in all games right? Games would run faster on any nVidia card because of better optimized drivers?

If I sound uninformed I am. I am jumping from integrated graphics to an AGP graphics card.

digitalwanderer
06-03-03, 03:14 PM
I've had both cards in the same rig (Bubbles, see sig) and the 9500 Pro was the far superior between the two cards.

Even without AA or AF the 9500 Pro was faster/better IQ, with them it just was no contest.

Dazz
06-03-03, 03:16 PM
LMAO i have a ASUS V8440-TD the Radeon 9500Pro runs on par with the Ti4400 and can be quite abit faster at times more so with AF & AA on. Anyway this cheating thing for nVIDIA only works with the Geforce FX Range of video cards. As for how they done it you should go over to here http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=24

PoorGuy
06-03-03, 03:18 PM
Oh only on FX series ok

Gator
06-03-03, 05:55 PM
TI4400 is a great card, but the R9500Pro can outperform it no problem. Check some benchs and you'll see what I mean right away. I don't know if we're talking a huge difference, but definetly a difference.

TI4400 < R9500Pro

StealthHawk
06-03-03, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by PoorGuy
After reading some threads on this website, I think I should have bought a Ti4400 instead. If nVidia can get 24% in optimizations compared to ATi's 3% in 3DMark, doesn't this mean nVidia drivers are better than ATi's? This also would correspond in all games right? Games would run faster on any nVidia card because of better optimized drivers?

If I sound uninformed I am. I am jumping from integrated graphics to an AGP graphics card.

That's a pretty illogical argument. I think what you should be looking at is that ATI doesn't need to "optimize" to win. I think that says it all. ATI cards run fast even without optimization. the GeForceFX series needs some major optimizations to stay competitive in DX9. That's bad no matter how you look at it, for both nvidia, and the consumers of every IHV, and developers.