PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 Dead $25 on Steam this weekend!

Pages : [1] 2

NarcissistZero
02-13-09, 12:04 PM
You really no longer have an excuse not to get it...

methimpikehoses
02-13-09, 12:13 PM
Damn. :(

:)

Mr. Hunt
02-13-09, 12:45 PM
It is about 20$ too much, still.

mojoman0
02-13-09, 01:57 PM

+1

tornadog
02-13-09, 02:01 PM

+1

Mr. Hunt
02-13-09, 03:26 PM
I paid 50 dollars for it and it was a ripoff... 25 dollars is still a ripoff... I finished one of the campaigns and then I stopped playing because it was just too boring.

nutcrackr
02-13-09, 03:38 PM
25 is worth it, I regret paying 45 for it when I got no new content honestly.

Having said that I've put in over 100 hours so I can't say I haven't got my moneys worth I just find it pretty slack that we haven't seen the other two campaigns in versus when they would take like 4 weeks each at most to edit and playtest. Now we have to wait until spring and wait for simultaneous release. I like no mercy and blood harvest but I'm getting to the point where I know every single inch of both levels and am desperately wanting more versus maps.

Content is a big issue with L4D, I don't think valve has lived up to themselves with L4D and PC users should have had the extra versus maps by now.

PS anybody getting this for single player is stupid.

six_storm
02-13-09, 03:46 PM
$25 is worth it for sure.

NarcissistZero
02-13-09, 05:07 PM
Content is a big issue with L4D, I don't think valve has lived up to themselves with L4D and PC users should have had the extra versus maps by now.

PS anybody getting this for single player is stupid.

WTF are you talking about, really?

Yes, quicker would be nice, but you know the versus maps are coming, you know Valve will support this title for years with new goodies, you know there is a new mode coming, and best of all you know an SDK is coming and we will get mods out the ass for the game, with several new "movies" confirmed already.

I bought the game mostly for single-player and co-op with my friend... long-term the game is worth $50, probably more... not a ripoff at all.

LurkerLito
02-13-09, 05:16 PM
Single player? I thought this was a multiplayer only title.

methimpikehoses
02-13-09, 05:20 PM
$25 is worth it for sure.

Hmmm.... I bet it's not as good as CoD5...

(sofahide)

NarcissistZero
02-13-09, 06:24 PM
Single player? I thought this was a multiplayer only title.

You can play it single-player... it plays pretty well, I think. Most of the "don't buy it for single-player" comments are, I guess, because it has no real narrative.

It works well as a single-player zombie shooter with good AI teammates, in my opinion. I'm a single-player kind of guy though, so take that into account.

Phillychuck
02-13-09, 08:13 PM
I just grabbed it, the game looks very fun and different from most FPSers. I don't have a lot of cash but was building the urge to buy it for $50 and BANG, Valve puts it on sale for me!!!!

Checked the forum to see if there was a thread before I started playing.

Albo
02-13-09, 10:04 PM
I want to get this so bad, but No $
Can anyone give me the 2 day pass or something?
My steam name is {TIA} albokid2468 [A.S.S.]
I'm also on the nvnews group

Misfire
02-13-09, 10:25 PM
WTF are you talking about, really?

Yes, quicker would be nice, but you know the versus maps are coming, you know Valve will support this title for years with new goodies, you know there is a new mode coming, and best of all you know an SDK is coming and we will get mods out the ass for the game, with several new "movies" confirmed already.

I bought the game mostly for single-player and co-op with my friend... long-term the game is worth $50, probably more... not a ripoff at all.

I agree, I put $50 down because its like a investment, I know valve will support the game for years to come with new content down the road. Even the way it is now, I've gotten close to 100 hours of playtime so I can't really complain. I am patiently waiting for the SDK , which I had hope they gotten out faster.

nutcrackr
02-13-09, 10:42 PM
You can play it single-player... it plays pretty well, I think. Most of the "don't buy it for single-player" comments are, I guess, because it has no real narrative.

It works well as a single-player zombie shooter with good AI teammates, in my opinion. I'm a single-player kind of guy though, so take that into account.

I don't see any reason for buying it for single player, coop can be fun yes and may be worth it. But bots are so dumb, the ai infected don't play tricks against you, it has 4 short campaigns. It's not a single player game even though you can play in it. If you've only played coop and single player then maybe you just think that's as good as it gets. It's not.

And yes I think it's been far too long to fix the other versus maps up, I don't think you are having an issue because you play coop only? I play versus only pretty much, so yeah 2 campaigns is starting to wear thin, and I'm not alone check out the steam forums for 1000s of daily threads on lack of versus maps.

Realistically the other maps are in coop already, it shouldn't take them until spring to make them versus. I still do not recommend this game if you aren't going to play with any other humans, I stand by that.

Of course valve will come through in the end, which is why I put down $45 to start with, but I am a bit let down by how long it's taken? How is that unreasonable?

LurkerLito
02-14-09, 10:51 AM
Got it for $15 :) Deal Link (http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1393319)

Will give it a go later.

Badboy_12345
02-14-09, 11:34 AM
Where does that site get all their steam keys from O_o

steals them and then sells them to the same people that press virus links in their email :bleh:
too good to be true? its because it isnt true

Its like getting an email, click this link and you will get $1000000

Misfire
02-14-09, 12:02 PM
steals them and then sells them to the same people that press virus links in their email :bleh:
too good to be true? its because it isnt true

Its like getting an email, click this link and you will get $1000000

While 99% of the time this is the case, a little research always help. Find out others who've taken the plunge and see if it is legit. For instance, there is a site that sells cd keys that I have used in the past and they are indeed legit, they sell either the boxed game or cd keys dirt cheap, like 13 dollars for COD4 and other top games. Only reason is because they're located in thailand, where for some reason pc games are really cheap.

LurkerLito
02-14-09, 02:29 PM
It's legit, I ordered one and steam accepted the key and let me download it. There are several people on the hardocp forums that ordered.

If you don't think it's legit then order it on sale for $25 on Steam's site. I decided to give it a try cause it seemed legit after a few people tried it. I saved $10 and I got L4D for the price I thought it was worth ($15-20). I was on the fence at $25 but for under $20 it was worth it. I only played it (single player) for a the first 2 sections of the beginning and I think the game seems like a lot of fun. I am pretty sure these keys are from one of the cheaper regions.

Edit: Just FYI the deal is over, the site raised the price so after the currency conversion makes the price about the same as Valve's weekend deal (~$22)

Ghosthunter
02-15-09, 07:15 PM
i just ordered this as well..i been waiting for this to go down in price

downloading now

LordJuanlo
02-16-09, 03:21 AM
This game is a must have if you like coop. $25 is bloody cheap.

For Europeans, the polish page posted before is selling it by a ridiculous €16,55

Burnt_Ram
02-16-09, 07:22 AM
i was waiting for this to hit half praice. grabbed it saturday, and sofar its been amussing. nothing too special, but definately worth 25 bone ...

firehawk
02-16-09, 07:25 AM
You really no longer have an excuse not to get it...

<excuse> My gaming machine is busted <excuse>

jcrox
02-16-09, 07:36 AM
Moar players :D

This game is a blast