PDA

View Full Version : Extended God Of War III trailer

Pages : [1] 2

LurkerLito
02-13-09, 04:22 PM
http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/42718/PlayStation-3/God-of-War-III/Trailer/Extended-Teaser-Trailer

I can't wait for this one :)

firehawk
02-13-09, 05:48 PM
Just one question.

Why are the skeletons bleeding?!?

Edit:
watched in a better resolution...i suppose they have some flesh on the bones that was hard to make out before.

Marvel_us
02-13-09, 06:00 PM
Day 1 purchase for me. I'm eager to see what happens in the story this go round.

Mr. Hunt
02-13-09, 08:05 PM
Yup... saw it earlier today and it looks amazing... the scale looks incredible, and I can't wait to find out how the story plays out after the AWESOME freaking ending of GoW2.

BioHazZarD
02-14-09, 04:19 AM
i really like god of war for psp and this looks ten times more interesting.

JaylumX
02-14-09, 04:47 AM
I would like to get this game as well. Trailers look tastey. Been real thirsty for the GOW games on the PS2 but unfortunately i got the 40GB PS3 :(

ralinn
02-14-09, 05:55 AM
I wasn't really as impressed with the trailer as most people but I know this is going to be a fantastic game. The previous two were just awesome. They have a talant for making every minute as epic as possible.

|MaguS|
02-14-09, 08:15 AM
1080p version of the trailer is available on the PSN.

NarcissistZero
02-14-09, 09:29 AM
I would like to get this game as well. Trailers look tastey. Been real thirsty for the GOW games on the PS2 but unfortunately i got the 40GB PS3 :(

You can get a used PS2 for like $40.

Well worth it.

Marvel_us
02-14-09, 09:59 AM
Agreed, get a PS2!

I would definitely recommend to anyone even thinking about picking up this game to play the first two on PS2. The story line is one of the best parts to this game.

abcgamer
02-14-09, 10:16 AM
Yes ... finally they are showing something. Although it is the same updated video of last December the trailer was awesome IMO :cool:

GT has some interviews too but for proper 720P and 1080P trailer gamersyde.com is most times better.
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/3455.html

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7545_en.html

PS: I think admin or mod should change the title of this thread and make it an official GOW3 thread for later updates :captnkill:

edit: official site: http://www.us.playstation.com/GodofWarIII/

NarcissistZero
02-14-09, 10:32 AM
I played GoW and it made me really wish I enjoyed hack n' slash games.

But I don't.

(Not since the amazing Turtles in Time anyway... :p )

abcgamer
02-14-09, 11:43 PM
It depends on taste. I also do not like or don't even want to try strategic games like WOW etc ... but I love fantasy or action adventure games a lot .....

Here is a nice interview. Those of you who haven't seen it before must check this out :cool:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/godofwariii/video/6204646/god-of-war-iii-interview?hd=1&tag=videos;hd;1

Yahooo I am so excited :headexplode:

JaylumX
02-15-09, 05:02 AM

Well worth it.

Just off-topic, but if i do can the PS2 output progressive via component. I may have to consider this and hope Sony don't bloody release an emulator the very day that the PS2 arives at my house.....that would be a mo'fo :D

Cheapest i found on ebay was 40 ($57). I may have to wait till i get paided next if i decided to.

NarcissistZero
02-15-09, 11:08 AM
Just off-topic, but if i do can the PS2 output progressive via component. I may have to consider this and hope Sony don't bloody release an emulator the very day that the PS2 arives at my house.....that would be a mo'fo :D

Cheapest i found on ebay was 40 ($57). I may have to wait till i get paided next if i decided to.

PS2 does do progressive scan with component cables, but not many games supported it. Still, the PS3's upconversion was horrid, so you're not missing much.

|MaguS|
02-15-09, 12:35 PM
Still, the PS3's upconversion was horrid, so you're not missing much.

They fixed the issues in a firmware patch long ago, its now great. Sure its not as good as the PS2's PSX enhancements but it looks better then standard PS2.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/16542.html

NarcissistZero
02-15-09, 01:54 PM
I played FFXII on it pretty recently and it's still crap, in my opinion... compared to the 360's backwards compatability upscaling it's craptastic.

|MaguS|
02-15-09, 02:22 PM
I played FFXII on it pretty recently and it's still crap, in my opinion... compared to the 360's backwards compatability upscaling it's craptastic.

well yeah it doesnt try to completely upscale the games, it offers far better compatibility though. It looks the same then playing the games on a PS2.

I play all my PS2 titles on my PS3 now...

NaitoSan
02-15-09, 04:47 PM
360 did such a great job upscaling XBOX games like Black, it looks really great and sharp. Some games get free AA which is a big plus. Too bad they stopped supporting backward compatablity. I'd love to see wreckless being supported on 360.

PS3 did a decent job for PS1 and PS2 but I kind of wish they improve the upscaling and maybe add bi/trilinear on games like PS2 did and a better support for games that offers progressive scan mode.

crainger
02-15-09, 11:10 PM
I play PS2 Buzz on my PS3. Looks good.

Thanks.

pkirby11
02-16-09, 11:56 AM
Is GoW III suppose to take place after the PSP game? I noticed the gauntlets he wore are like the ones in the PSP game, I never played the PS2 games sadly but I'm in agreement that PS2 games look like crap on my HD Monitor so not likely to go back and play them. Still stoked this looks good.

|MaguS|
02-16-09, 01:11 PM
I think the PSP game is the prequel to the PS2 titles...

Mr. Hunt
02-16-09, 01:32 PM
Yeah... Chains of Olympus was a prequel... Kratos was stripped of those gauntlets at the end of the game. Part 3 seems to take off literally RIGHT where GoW2 left us, which is awesome as crap.

NarcissistZero
02-16-09, 01:54 PM
I just watched the 1080p trailer and... meh.

It has some cool design, but the core graphics are pretty average in my opinion.

Tyr-Sog
02-16-09, 07:22 PM

Well worth it.

Ok, so this may be the game that gets me to buy a PS3. Well actually I want BluRay(game system is a perk for me as i need one, no more 360) as my beloved HDDVD format failed :(.

But you guys say get a PS2 for the first two games of this series? I thought PS3 was backward compatable?