PDA

View Full Version : FedEx = Evil


PsychoSy
06-03-03, 05:15 PM
<RANT>

I don't get it! A few short years ago, I could order PC hardware online and FedEx's tracking system was immaculate, even on weekends. Lately, it's the complete opposite - their online tracking system is rarely updated, making you wonder where on God's Green Great 48 is your damned parcels.

Last month, my WD 80Gig was practically "lost" up until late on the day it arrived. FedEx's online tracking kept me in the dark all weekend up until a late Tuesday evening. Last week, ordered an Abit NF7-S on Thursday. Here I am - the day before I expect it to arrive - checking FedEx's online tracking and it hasn't been updated since May 30th - the day it left their sorting facility in Los Angeles! :mad:

Have you ever had the unmitigated urge to call FedEx's customer support and ask them quite blunty, "Where in the hell was my package on May 31st, June 1st, yesterday, and RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE?!?!?!?"

I'm fighting that urge as best as I can right now! :firedevil

Riptide
06-03-03, 05:46 PM
I've had even worse experiences with UPS tracking. Most of the time fedex has been OK in my experience. With UPS it seems almost every time I check on a package there is no tracking info (other than "billing received") until the very day it gets to the local processing center. Worse yet, I've had a package that wasn't delievered on time according to the date the tracking info/website said it would and they couldn't come up with an explanation as to how it happened.

Fedex has trashed more things though, at least for me.

Gator
06-03-03, 06:43 PM
I like FedEx better than UPS. I found them more reliable, and the UPS driver always seems to confuse my house with one the next street over :rolleyes: I mean jeez can these guys read? :retard:

netviper13
06-03-03, 06:51 PM
Strange; I've never had any issues with FedEx, but I would agree their tracking hasn't been quite as good lately (although my last shipment tracked perfectly). UPS on the other hand has made me pissed more than once.

First there was the 2 subwoofers I had ordered that actually were in my city, but then for some reason were put back on the truck and shipped 90 miles from here, and it took them two freaking days to get them back here.

Then there was my shipment of computer parts from CrazyPC that was shipped on time, but arrived about 5 days after its estimated ship date; when I got it the box was in pretty crappy condition, thank God CrazyPC had used good packing material to ship with.

The Baron
06-03-03, 07:27 PM
FYI--no company will deliver the stuff, even if it's sitting two minutes away from your house, until the "estimated ship date."

So that's probably the reason for the FedEx tracking craziness and maybe some of the UPS stuff too (although UPS has not been too great for me in the past as well, FedEx has been a lot better, and that reminds me to get Tribunal, Bloodmoon, and a replacement headphone cable shipped now :D )

Riptide
06-03-03, 08:27 PM
I've seen a refurbished Sony GDM-F500 shipped via Fedex and completely destroyed when it got to me. There was a huge gash in the side of the monitor and the base was broken. Strangely the box didn't seem damaged where the puncture in the monitor was. Maybe Sony screwed up somehow there, dunno.

I've had shipments delayed due to severe weather (fedex) in of all places Oakland. Severe weather in Oakland is rather uncommon.

Even with all the problems I've had, I still prefer fedex over UPS.

GlowStick
06-03-03, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
FYI--no company will deliver the stuff, even if it's sitting two minutes away from your house, until the "estimated ship date."

So that's probably the reason for the FedEx tracking craziness and maybe some of the UPS stuff too (although UPS has not been too great for me in the past as well, FedEx has been a lot better, and that reminds me to get Tribunal, Bloodmoon, and a replacement headphone cable shipped now :D )

Actually one time i bought a computer, they shiped it 2nd day fedex, came the next day the driver said 'your package came early so we put it on the truck.'

i do like fedex the most

saturnotaku
06-03-03, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by GlowStick
Actually one time i bought a computer, they shiped it 2nd day fedex, came the next day the driver said 'your package came early so we put it on the truck.'

i do like fedex the most

Yeah I wish FedSux had done that for me a couple times. When I was in college I had a couple packages shipped via FedEx Saver from California. They arrived in Indianapolis the next day and should have been out for delivery, but they held the package there 2 whole days for no obvious reason.

I've never had a single problem with UPS ever. All my packages I've sent or received have been delivered on time and at a lower overall cost than FedEx.

GlowStick
06-03-03, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Yeah I wish FedSux had done that for me a couple times. When I was in college I had a couple packages shipped via FedEx Saver from California. They arrived in Indianapolis the next day and should have been out for delivery, but they held the package there 2 whole days for no obvious reason.

I've never had a single problem with UPS ever. All my packages I've sent or received have been delivered on time and at a lower overall cost than FedEx.

Wow, i live in indinapolis, i know some people who work at the big hub by the airpot!

PsychoSy
06-04-03, 02:28 AM
Just checked my tracking and was updated to say, "Left Sort Facility - Indianapolis" as of 5PM yesterday. Well, golly gee - I'd like to know when my stuff ARRIVES at their sorting docks, too!

It's probably in Detroit by now and will get delivered today.

Still...their tracking needs to improve to the detailed quality it was 2 years ago.

Originally posted by The Baron:
FYI--no company will deliver the stuff, even if it's sitting two minutes away from your house, until the "estimated ship date."

That's when you call 'em and say, "Tracking told me you've got my package there on the dock. I'll swing by and snag it instead!" That's what my buddy John does. He lives just outside of Detroit (New Boston to be exact) and can be at their docks in Romulus in 15 minutes if he takes all the backroads with his Daytona! :p

vampireuk
06-04-03, 02:59 AM
I've used ups once, the tracking worked pretty well. I normally use city link and they only deliver between 8-5 hey guess what I do 9-5!!:D

SavagePaladin
06-04-03, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by The Baron
FYI--no company will deliver the stuff, even if it's sitting two minutes away from your house, until the "estimated ship date."

I find this incorrect. UPS has...several times...given things to me a day early.

Also once it was supposed to take 1-2 weeks (Amazon super saver dealie,) and it got here in like 3 days. Still trying to figure that one out.

Fedex never does things like this, no matter when the package comes near.

(I don't live in a city, which may be the reason. Still, figured I'd throw that out there.)

vampireuk
06-04-03, 07:47 AM
UPS did that with me, they had the package in their warehouse and just held it there for a few days. I have only ever been able to accept a package on a work day once. He turned up at 8am and dropped off the hardrive. The rest I either have someone pick up or order for days im going to be off.

stncttr908
06-05-03, 11:32 AM
I have some OCZ PC2700 in their system right now, and it's being tracked pretty well. I guess I'm just lucky.

Monolyth
06-06-03, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Gator
I like FedEx better than UPS. I found them more reliable, and the UPS driver always seems to confuse my house with one the next street over :rolleyes: I mean jeez can these guys read? :retard:

I hear that, I ordered my GFTi4400 back in the day and they gave it to the dude next street over, I was like come on!!! Bwwraar.

As far as FedEx, the only prob I have is when they get the package at the location here, but it's not sched for delivery till tomorrow, and they won't let me go there and pick it up myself. :mad:

GlowStick
06-06-03, 01:39 PM
Heh that happend to me once kinda.

My numbers is 5235, they deliverd it to a house thats 3 houses down and it its numbers is something silimar, i forget though i think its like 5325 or something.

And, it was a hard drive if i rember correctly!