PDA

View Full Version : Questions about my new cpu and board upgrade performance.....

tggalindo
02-14-09, 04:04 PM
Just upgraded my motherboard and cpu only! I went from a biostar AM2 tforce 6100 board and AMD x2 dual core 3800+ cpu to a Asus m3a78-cm AM2+ board and black edition phenom 2 x4 920 2.8ghz.

So I'm still using all my other same hardware components such as kingston 2x 1gig of pc2-6400 ddr2 which is still running at 800mhz dual channel unganged and a 8800gts 640mb video card.

I dont see a big WOW in performance gain from my prevoius setup could it be that my ram and mainly 8800gts 640mb is the bottle neck? I'm playing High entensive games right such as crysis warhead updated to 64bit patch and farcry2 latest patched. Running freshly installed vista ultimate 64bit sp1.

I did all the quick reports benchmarking of the cpu and memory test form lavalys ultimate edition and I was way up on the list only the X8 Exeon and sometimes the quaud x4 intel was higher in some. So jsut by using that it looks liek a good upgrade I jsut want to hear from you guys what you think. Thanks.

XDanger
02-14-09, 04:18 PM
Yup ,Graphics card is the bottleneck.

You would have seen an improvement going from dual to a quad in GTAIV if you played it but most games don't care about quads.

bob saget
02-14-09, 06:08 PM
try finding a 8800 GTX or Ultra. They can be had for cheap nowadays, and still very strong card for older gen, and mid strength for newer gen. Also resolution matter alot.