PDA

View Full Version : ***Official Street Fighter IV Thread***

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Retrolock
02-16-09, 10:41 PM
Yesterday I saw in our local shop a xbox 360 copy of Street Fighter IV. I was surprised coz I thought the game was to be released 2/17. Anyone already played this? Impressions? Thanks.

crainger
02-16-09, 11:06 PM
It is the 17th and I forgot to pick it up. ::(:

Mr. Hunt
02-16-09, 11:46 PM
Going to pick it up in the morning.

NaitoSan
02-17-09, 12:30 AM
my friend is picking it up tomorrow. i want to get it but can't really afford it. :( i gotta save money for new laptop.

Marvel_us
02-17-09, 12:37 AM
Doesn't that mean the ship date is the 17th and it will really be there no the 18th?

crainger
02-17-09, 01:23 AM
No. Ship date was 16th, and it is now out 17th. I'll prob get PS3 version cos of the control pad.

EciDemon
02-17-09, 06:48 AM
I played a (lee) at a friends place last week. Damn nice game. über cheap last boss, seems he can cancel out your moves a lot during the second round.
It feels like playing any old sf2 and that's a good thing I think, just some slight changes to game mechanics. I like the artistic approach though some character faces do look a bit rough. Not related to the game but fighting games and 360 controller don't work well together. I kept missing great opportunities due to the lazy d-pad causing my character to jump instead of executing specials.

I'm expecting my ps3 collectors edition this Friday and man I can't wait!!!! I'm also considering getting one of those arcade like sticks, as long as they are compatible with Soul Calibur 4 as well.

Ninjaman09
02-17-09, 08:18 AM
Got my collector's edition coming in today, just waiting for Gamestop to call. Can't wait to play. I have to get good fast; a bunch of us are getting together Thursday for a tournament!

six_storm
02-17-09, 08:43 AM
Wow, totally forgot this was coming out this week. Waiting for the PC version to release this summer ;)

LurkerLito
02-17-09, 09:07 AM
My PS3 Collector's Edition should ship out tomorrow and get to me by Thursday. I can't wait. I have played this series since the original Street Fighter. I spent way to much money on this game over the years from quarters in the arcade to almost every console I have owned.

tornadog
02-17-09, 09:15 AM
thank god I cant play fighting games any more since my wrist injury. They used to suck every bit of my idle time and then the frustration and control throwing. Its all past me now. No more fighting games, unless they invent something that does not require the use of my right hand :D

Mr. Hunt
02-17-09, 11:35 AM
Ugh... I hate all of you that got the collectors edition... I went to preorder it but they were all sold out :(... got stuck with the normal version... hopefully I will be getting mine in about an hour.

Mr. Hunt
02-17-09, 11:46 AM
WTF? Now gamestop is telling me they are getting them tomorrow... WTF was I told STREET DATE of the 17th? This is freaking gay as crap.

Buenamos
02-17-09, 12:36 PM
Yeah, this game really shows how bad the dpad is for 360. It's too bad cause it's by far the best controller I've ever used except for that one thing. Other than that, the game is a blast!

nekrosoft13
02-17-09, 12:53 PM
Yeah, this game really shows how bad the dpad is for 360. It's too bad cause it's by far the best controller I've ever used except for that one thing. Other than that, the game is a blast!

analog sticks are even worse

but speaking of d-pad, to bad that is a bit hard to find.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/microsoft-confirms-revised-360-d-pad

i'm actually also considering to try this
http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog/Black-Xbox-360-Wireless-Controller-Shell-w-Improved-D-Pad-p-2846.html

nekrosoft13
02-17-09, 12:56 PM
Wow, totally forgot this was coming out this week. Waiting for the PC version to release this summer ;)

same

Marvel_us
02-17-09, 01:03 PM
WTF? Now gamestop is telling me they are getting them tomorrow... WTF was I told STREET DATE of the 17th? This is freaking gay as crap.

Told you guys! Gamestop always does that crap.

Might have to finish drilling the holes for my arcade stick this weekend. Hopefully I don't get that much school work to do so I can finish it.

Buenamos
02-17-09, 01:10 PM
analog sticks are even worse

but speaking of d-pad, to bad that is a bit hard to find.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/microsoft-confirms-revised-360-d-pad

i'm actually also considering to try this
http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog/Black-Xbox-360-Wireless-Controller-Shell-w-Improved-D-Pad-p-2846.html

Yeah I saw that a while ago. I'm not really a hardcore fan of the game or anything so I can't find myself buying a 5th controller or a new case simply for one game. Not to mention I would have to probably get 2 so anyone else who wanted to play wouldn't be playing at a disadvantage.

zoomy942
02-17-09, 01:20 PM
anyone want to donate an xbox360 to me? so i can play some fun games.

Ninjaman09
02-17-09, 01:28 PM

Might want to check again, my Gamestop had like 100 copies. :p

BTW if you're a PS3 owner, install the game data first thing - takes about 10 minutes but it beats waiting for 30+ sec load times in between fights. Oh and you might want to mute your TV while you're waiting.

EE DEE STRUCTAH BUL

XDanger
02-17-09, 01:31 PM

A late PC release would be hilarious seeing as this is the arcade machine
Taito Type X²
* CPU: Intel Socket 775 CPU. Supported CPUs include Celeron D 352, Pentium 4 651, Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
* Chipset: Intel Q965 + ICH8
* Video output: 680x480, or 1280x720
* RAM: 166/200MHz DDR2 SDRAM. Supported capacities 512MiB, 1GiB, 4GiB.
* GPU: PCI Express x16-based graphics. Supported GPU include ATI RADEON (x1600Pro, x1300LE) or NVIDIA GeForce (7900GS, 7600GS, 7300GS)
* Sound: Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 channel Sound (supports add-in sound cards)
* LAN: 1000BASE-T 10/100BASE-TX
* I/O ports: 1x JVS, 4x USB 2.0, 1x serial (max 2), 1x parallel port, 2x PS/2, 2x SATA
* Audio inputs: AKG C535EB Stage Microphone, line-in (Surround 7.1)
* Audio outputs: 7.1, SPDI/FX
* Expansion Slots: 1x PCI Express x16 (used by video card), 1x PCI Express x4, 2x PCI
* Storage: SATA2 Hard Drives

Marvel_us
02-17-09, 06:39 PM
Wow, for the first time my gamestop actually had it on the ship date. Granted they only had it for people who preordered. Time to try it out!

mj2400
02-17-09, 07:55 PM
got to go to the launch party last week. game looks and plays AMAZING. can't wait!

crainger
02-17-09, 11:11 PM
Got it today for PS3. Out of Collectors on PS3, but that's ok. 160 AUD is a bit rich for a game + figures and a DVD.

They had a heap for 360, but as I told the clerk. I can't stand the 360 dpad. He agreed. ::):

Ninjaman09
02-18-09, 01:09 AM
Unlocked Akuma and Gouken so far, I'll work on Seth this weekend. If anyone needs to know how to do it let me know, it's simpler than people on GameFAQs make it out to be. The game is actually better than I'd expected and I'm having a lot of fun. Unfortunately I could not connect to any network games, but I'll try again tomorrow.

As for the arcade mode, it's a blast except for Seth (the last boss) who is just cheap. It's one of those "insta-counter" AIs that makes it all but impossible to beat using normal tactics for your character - you have to rely on quick jabbing and sweep kicks to beat him. For such a great single-player experience aside from that, it's very disappointing for the last boss to be so frustratingly difficult (even on Very Easy). It does temper the enjoyment somewhat. Fortunately he can be beaten by any character using the same tactics (pray he doesn't teleport + body slam over and over, get in sweep range and sweep till he dies), and projectile-users have it even better. I haven't tried it on a difficultly higher than Medium yet, though.