PDA

View Full Version : The next graphical juggernaut to rival Crysis!

Pages : [1] 2 3

MaxFX
02-19-09, 08:14 AM
Take a look guys as this seems to be the next big thing, thank god for Indie Devlopers :D
They seem to be the next crytek!

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12025&Itemid=1

NarcissistZero
02-19-09, 09:05 AM
I like the art design in the last picture... a Crysis-level graphical experience with better art design could be an amazing thing.

Ninjaman09
02-19-09, 09:08 AM
Yeah I agree, nice design in the cityscape picture.

Tr1cK
02-19-09, 09:26 AM
Crysis sucked.

If I wanted to see life like trees and leaves, then I would go outside. Bring on more practical settings with high detail and I'll buy it.

MaxFX
02-19-09, 09:52 AM
I like the art design in the last picture... a Crysis-level graphical experience with better art design could be an amazing thing.

True that would be pretty awsome but then again i liked Crysis but it aint the best shooter ever but pretty good and now when i got my GTX 285 i will start playing Warhead :D

BioHazZarD
02-19-09, 10:01 AM
Yes it would be strange if 1-2 years later there wont be a game that at least can match the visuals.. hehe.

NarcissistZero
02-19-09, 10:03 AM
Crysis sucked.

If I wanted to see life like trees and leaves, then I would go outside. Bring on more practical settings with high detail and I'll buy it.

Crysis was about more than trees and leaves, if you played past level one. Also, gameplay wise it was pretty damn good... better than Farcry 2, that's for sure.

methimpikehoses
02-19-09, 10:07 AM
The next Alan Wake! :bleh:

Dreamweavernoob
02-19-09, 12:43 PM
Crysis sucked.

But can you go round killing koreans with assault rifles in real life?

unless you live in some american slums and own a big ass gun

FastRedPonyCar
02-19-09, 12:51 PM
Yes it would be strange if 1-2 years later there wont be a game that at least can match the visuals.. hehe.

This...

CaptNKILL
02-19-09, 01:09 PM
Looks interesting. :)

nemecb
02-19-09, 01:54 PM
Interesting, but there are two problems: 1) I don't trust anything from Fudzilla. They chose their name well. 2) There's nothing in the article to suggest that this is a Crysis rival. Just a bunch of very basic screenshots that can be found at least a thousand times over in other tech demos and a bit of concept art which means nothing as far as the engine goes. Mind you if they manage to implement everything they talk about it will be very impressive, but bullet-points do not an engine make.

I hesitate to even make this post because I'm all for indie devs, but overhyping really hurt Crysis IMHO so I think a little expectation management is in order here. Maybe it will rival Crysis, but I've seen nothing to suggest that and we have no idea when it will be finished. Keep in mind that Crysis was first shown 4 or 5 years ago and it had a lot more to offer at that time than this article does.

On a mostly unrelated note, it's Penumbra shadowing (one 'r') and it's not the fastest shadowing method available, but it probably is the best looking.:p

Sazar
02-19-09, 02:06 PM
Crysis was about more than trees and leaves, if you played past level one. Also, gameplay wise it was pretty damn good... better than Farcry 2, that's for sure.

+1

I hated Crysis initially but the game just grew on me and the gameplay was and remains very innovative.

Soetdjuret
02-19-09, 02:27 PM
Crysis sucked.

Pff f**k you crysis was good. You sucked...

OT: This engine won't rival CryENGINE2. Why? Because we havn't even seen the potential of CE2, from what crysis has brought us it's very much limited due to performance. Crysis was ahead of it's time for sure. And due to nvidia and ATI not able to make more powerful cards than it was, they had to cut down alot on the graphics of crysis. All in terms of lower res textures, cut downs on the Parallax occlusion mapping, cut downs on level of detail at distances, the use of sprites at distance, removed shadows at distance etc. If there was enough power, crysis could like many times better. This Type 3 game wont come until 2012 or so, and by then we're getting CryENGINE3 to dominate this little amateur engine...

LORD-eX-Bu
02-19-09, 02:51 PM
:inform:

MaxFX
02-19-09, 02:57 PM
Pff f**k you crysis was good. You sucked...

OT: This engine won't rival CryENGINE2. Why? Because we havn't even seen the potential of CE2, from what crysis has brought us it's very much limited due to performance. Crysis was ahead of it's time for sure. And due to nvidia and ATI not able to make more powerful cards than it was, they had to cut down alot on the graphics of crysis. All in terms of lower res textures, cut downs on the Parallax occlusion mapping, cut downs on level of detail at distances, the use of sprites at distance, removed shadows at distance etc. If there was enough power, crysis could like many times better. This Type 3 game wont come until 2012 or so, and by then we're getting CryENGINE3 to dominate this little amateur engine...

It doesent show that you like the Cryengine huh :D
I love Cryengine and what it have done and righty you are, if they gave us better hardware earlier then Crytek dont have to cut any corners as they did.

On can only dream of what these guys will put out in the next engine and I hope we get atleast one more game before Cryengine 3 comes out.

But this atleast sounds promising on paper so one can just hope that it's the real deal and that it wont take forever for the game to come out!

slivski
02-19-09, 03:02 PM
Well I wouldn't say crysis sucked...it just felt like the graphics were a cover up for the lack of gameplay. And why did they put in the aliens I will never know

But anyway, Type 3 looks nice, will be looking forward to the trailors

NarcissistZero
02-19-09, 03:04 PM
Well I wouldn't say crysis sucked...it just felt like the graphics were a cover up for the lack of gameplay.

Ridiculous. It was an extremely polished PC-feeling shooter in extremely open levels with cool suit powers.

LycosV
02-19-09, 03:05 PM
Indie developer means by the time this comes out it will look average or dated.

FastRedPonyCar
02-19-09, 03:12 PM
What was the game that was based in some midieval time period, had a few screen shots of some really cool scenery and then had a video of some dragon down in some dark cave crawling up a rock that blows fire or something.

Anyone remember what that was called? At the time I was very impressed.

slivski
02-19-09, 03:14 PM
Ridiculous. It was an extremely polished PC-feeling shooter in extremely open levels with cool suit powers.

I agree, throwing chickens into the ocean was extremely kickass

Soetdjuret
02-19-09, 04:56 PM
What was the game that was based in some midieval time period, had a few screen shots of some really cool scenery and then had a video of some dragon down in some dark cave crawling up a rock that blows fire or something.

Anyone remember what that was called? At the time I was very impressed.

It's Project Offset... http://www.projectoffset.com/ Looks nice, but it will be released when pigs fly. Intel bought the rights and put the project on halt. Won't be out until like 2010 or later i believe.

I agree, throwing chickens into the ocean was extremely kickass
You monster... Chickens has feelings too :(

MaxFX
02-19-09, 05:37 PM

Yeah I cant belive how ppl says Crysis aint that or that and it sucks. I mean it had a story, not the best ever but hey it's an action shooter and they did it damn well I say. it was intense and had it's moments and the aliens did the game even better so it wasent the same kill Mr Vietcong over and over :D

As you said an extremely polished Pc shooter, thats without a doubt IMO!

The Who
02-19-09, 07:56 PM
Might be just a little to similar to Crysis, Crysis as an RPG with a touch of stalker maybe.

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2589/nanoripjp7.jpg (http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nanoripjp7.jpg)

bob saget
02-19-09, 10:03 PM
Crysis sucked.

what does that mean?

there is a world outside these 4 walls?