PDA

View Full Version : Teenager killed over X-box

nekrosoft13
02-21-09, 01:26 AM
Shane Boyd, 16, wanted revenge after discovering college student Conor Black had borrowed the computer games console but had failed to give it back.

Boyd, who had repeatedly breached an Asbo imposed for violence, armed himself with a kitchen knife to ambush Conor outside a house party, hit him over the head with a can of lager then stabbed him in the back as he tried to run away.

As Conor lay dying, Boyd swaggered around the street boasting "I'm the best - I'm the man" as passersby tried in vain to save the boy's life, the court heard.

Sentencing at Manchester Crown Court, Judge Clement Goldstone QC ordered Boyd to be detained for life and serve a minimum 11 years.

He said: "Your attack on Conor was truly wicked and shows you in your true colours as a coward.

"You gloated and boasted to anyone who you thought would have been impressed by what you had done. How often is it said that a bully has all the hallmarks of a coward and the reverse is true too.

"In truth you thought no more than having that knife in your possession as you would your wallet or house key. Carrying a knife is no way to resolve a minor dispute about a computer game.

"Will young people like you never learn that the public and the courts will not tolerate those who carry knives with no thought of the consequences?"

The court heard that Conor - who studied joinery at a Manchester college - was a young man of "good character and was a likeable person".

He lived with his mother in Moston, Manchester, but regularly stayed with his cousin.

On August 15 last year, he was taken to his cousin's home and later went to a house party in the Harphurhey district of Manchester.

Whilst the teenagers stood outside, Boyd - who had wanted to confront Conor over the 149 Xbox console - walked towards him with a can of lager in his hand.

Boyd smashed a can over Connor's head and it burst open and showered other revellers with lager.

Conor turned away to flee but Boyd pulled a kitchen knife from his waistband and plunged it below the victim's left shoulder blade, severing an artery.

Police and paramedics arrived at the scene but Conor died of internal bleeding in the ambulance.

Prosecuting Mr Charles Chruszcz QC said: "Conor Black died as a result of an unprovoked and brutal assault on him. He never stood a chance."

Boyd denied murder but was convicted after a trial last month.

Police said in the aftermath of the killing Boyd's cousin John mounted a campaign of intimidation against witnesses not to name the killer to police or they would be "dead".

John, 21, of Nowell Road, Middleton threatened witnesses at the crime scene - then a month later chased a terrified boy of 16 into a stranger's house, beat him and told him: "Never call Shane a murderer again."

He pleaded guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily and perverting the course of justice and was jailed for three years.

Outside court, Conor's aunt Janice Black said: "We are a close family, we look after each other and Conor had a bed in everyone's house. He played football and loved his music.

"All the hopes and dreams of a family were crushed when Conor's life was stolen in that terrible, violent way.

"His mum lost her friend, her child, her life and that makes us so very sad and helpless."

Detective Chief Inspector Serena Kennedy said: "This terrible case shows the devastating impact that knives can have. One boy's family is grieving the loss of his life, and today the defendant, himself a boy, will start spending his life in prison.

"This pair tried to bully the community and they have been brought to justice because in the end residents decided that this had gone too far."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/4735037/Teenager-killed-over-X-box.html

i told you consoles are bad

K007
02-21-09, 01:58 AM
Consoles give gamers a bad name...

bob saget
02-21-09, 02:24 AM
consoles kill people.

H3avyM3tal
02-21-09, 02:41 AM
Gamers give people bad name :p

Tr1cK
02-21-09, 08:15 AM
people name bad consoles :headexplode:

firehawk
02-21-09, 08:42 AM
my fav is still the kid that killed his parents because they took his halo away. he was found in his parents truck with a 360 and the copy of halo he took before he ran.

Noriega
02-21-09, 08:59 AM
Consoles make murders from polite kids

NarcissistZero
02-21-09, 09:26 AM
Friends don't let friends play consoles.

pkirby11
02-21-09, 09:29 AM
Yes never mind the fact that the kid and obviously his family were screwed up in the head. The cousin threatened and beat a kid, yep must be the console at work. Damn subliminal messages!

Dreamweavernoob
02-21-09, 09:44 AM
pwned?

ATOJAR
02-21-09, 09:45 AM
Knife crime is starting to get really really bad here, Guns are not as accessible as they are in the US and some other countries, people get killed by the knife every day here in the UK now and usually over very stupid things, looking at somebody the wrong way, refusing to give a cigarette, asking somebody to get of your land and they will attack you with a knife, usually they are just kids(14-18 yeard old)and would give them a slap and tell them to piss off if they where alone but theres usually 20+ of the buggers "tooled up" as a chav would say....

A good friend of my younger brothers who was only 15 at the time is currently serving 10 years in jail for stabbing and killing a 32 year old man in the back with a samurai sword because he was bad mouthing his father!

Knife crime is crazy here ... well in alot of the UK.

I blame the Chavs!
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/uploads/forums/asbo_chav.jpg

Q
02-21-09, 10:05 AM
Boondocks. X-Box Killer.

FACT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Date_With_The_Health_Inspector

XDanger
02-21-09, 10:34 AM
Shane Boyd, 16, wanted revenge after discovering college student Conor Black had borrowed the computer games console but had failed to give it back.

Boyd, who had repeatedly breached an Asbo imposed for violence

Killing wasnt the answer but the moral of this story is
"don't steal stuff from a nutter..."

bob saget
02-21-09, 02:14 PM
what does "chav" mean? :o:D

XDanger
02-21-09, 04:02 PM
Its a phrase originated from the Irish traveller (pikeys) community meaning children but then used later on to describe a specific group of the lower classes similar to "trailer trash".
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/80/278565640_86ec77a5ae.jpg?v=0

dikinher
02-21-09, 04:47 PM
This is how far Xbox gamers will go to unlock an achievement. Knife Kill.

ATOJAR
02-21-09, 06:31 PM
what does "chav" mean? :o:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

shilk
02-21-09, 07:18 PM
Boondocks. X-Box Killer.

FACT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Date_With_The_Health_Inspector

Holy crap. I was thinking of the same thing when I read this. I just finished watching Season 1 as well. Awesome series! :)

said53
02-21-09, 09:16 PM
Consoles don't kill people. People kill people.! :)