PDA

View Full Version : Crysis Killzone 2 Mod Attempts to Kill Fanboys...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

NarcissistZero
02-23-09, 10:42 AM
I own a PS3 and if I hear one more word about Killzone 2... well... anyway...

Here is a video from a mod attempting to make Killzone 2 out of Crysis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBVTdPXO6vY

I believe it is going for the general look, not an actual recreation. Actually I fear the main motivation is to try and one-up the PS3 game so we can all say nyah-nyah, PC is better! But I could be wrong.

Noriega
02-23-09, 11:09 AM
Close this topic or we will have a lot of stupid PS3 fanboys posts :X

Tr1cK
02-23-09, 11:17 AM
Now if we could just get rid of the Crysis fanboys, it would be par for the course.

methimpikehoses
02-23-09, 11:28 AM
Soet will soon be here to spam jungle shots. Someone build a tiger pit..

Mr. Hunt
02-23-09, 12:25 PM
If it plays like Crysis then no thanks... that is one of the few games I paid money for and never bothered finishing because I just got so bored with it.

BioHazZarD
02-23-09, 12:29 PM
haha pwned.

Redeemed
02-23-09, 12:34 PM
If it plays like Crysis then no thanks... that is one of the few games I paid money for and never bothered finishing because I just got so bored with it.

I'll make a Michael Flatley mod just for you... he'll dance around the island, and the koreans and aliens will drop dead from the sheer awesomeness of his dancing.

Wait... maybe that'd be a bad idea...:headexplode:

Mr. Hunt
02-23-09, 12:40 PM
I'll make a Michael Flatley mod just for you... he'll dance around the island, and the koreans and aliens will drop dead from the sheer awesomeness of his dancing.

Wait... maybe that'd be a bad idea...:headexplode:

Please do... it couldn't be any worse than the Crysis gameplay as it is.

Noriega
02-23-09, 12:50 PM

Guess "OPEN GAMEPLAY" is too hard for some users :headexplode:

NarcissistZero
02-23-09, 12:52 PM

I take it you dislike FPS in general then? If so, why would you buy an FPS?

Noriega
02-23-09, 12:56 PM

FPS for some people mean go straight and shoot everything what's moving...

Mr. Hunt
02-23-09, 01:02 PM

Yeah because just running in a jungle with nothing to do but your objective is so open! I wish all my games were as bland as this!

I love FPS games... but they need to have a storyline that makes me WANT to finish it, or just have really good gameplay that doesn't turn into: Cloak, sneak up punch dude, grab other dude by the throat, MAXIMUM STRENGTH, then throw him and then MAXIMUM SPEED and run away... just my personal idea of fun

FPS for some people mean go straight and shoot everything what's moving...

Nope... but if the game is open, give me something to do in the open space rather than just look at the jungle. There is a reason screenshot threads just get overflowed with Crysis pictures... game is great to look at, terrible to play.

Mr. Hunt
02-23-09, 01:06 PM
Oh and I didn't mean to derail this thread, just wanted to get my opinion out on how terrible Crysis is to play.

Now Noriega will probably claim I just have an E-Machine, no other reason I could dislike the "GODLY" Crysis.

Noriega
02-23-09, 01:09 PM
Hmm console gamers hate Crysis cause it's Pc only?

NarcissistZero
02-23-09, 01:25 PM
I love FPS games... but they need to have a storyline that makes me WANT to finish it, or just have really good gameplay that doesn't turn into: Cloak, sneak up punch dude, grab other dude by the throat, MAXIMUM STRENGTH, then throw him and then MAXIMUM SPEED and run away... just my personal idea of fun.

You can play it how you want... a straight-up Quake-style run and gun or a sneaky game. I can't imagine anyone who likes FPS games not liking Crysis... I think those that backlash against the game do so because it was so hyped, popular or great to look at.

No offense intended.

Mr. Hunt
02-23-09, 02:45 PM
Hmm console gamers hate Crysis cause it's Pc only?

Nope, I played through "The Witcher" and enjoyed it (and even imported the game, and I am sure you will just say it is because a console version is coming out now, even though that just recently got announced, but common sense isn't so common with you). I have been PC gaming for years, I have no bias towards a system (although I own a Wii, I do think it is very sorely lacking on any titles outside of gamecube ports). Do you need me to post a picture of my box for you to believe I have played the game?

Lfctony
02-23-09, 02:49 PM
The only thing this video proves is how much some people really want Killzone 2 on the PC. They're apparently so pissed off they won't get it that they set out to prove that Crysis is a much better game and that Killzone 2 is not really needed. They're only fooling themselves...

Mr. Hunt
02-23-09, 02:52 PM
The only thing this video proves is how much some people really want Killzone 2 on the PC. They're apparently so pissed off they won't get it that they set out to prove that Crysis is a much better game and that Killzone 2 is not really needed. They're only fooling themselves...

u mast b posteng frum ur ps3 snce u r sech a cunsel fanboi!@@$

NarcissistZero
02-23-09, 03:06 PM

Sort of... I don't know if they really want the game, but I would bet the team behind this really wants to prove the game is nothing special.

Which really, past graphics (for a console), it's not. I don't need a mod to tell me that.

ralinn
02-23-09, 03:10 PM
They created this just to proove something? Wow, how sad. I'm not even sure if I've ever heard even a PS3 fanboy mention that Killzone2 couldn't be done on a PC. It's pretty ****ing obvious that an expensive PC could. Killzone2 still looks amazing for a console FPS, no buts about it.

But trust a bunch of ****ing PC fanboys to get so defensive. What is this supposed to proove then? that a PC is 'better'? What kind of logic is that?

JohnDio
02-23-09, 03:32 PM
Nothing special IMO. Killzone2 is great but there is no reason to replicate it in Crysis. Also there are a lot of other Maps/Mods that you should be looking forward to like New Forest Map, Lost World Returns, Petrograd etc

Blade
02-23-09, 03:36 PM
Oh and I didn't mean to derail this thread, just wanted to get my opinion out on how terrible Crysis is to play.

Now Noriega will probably claim I just have an E-Machine, no other reason I could dislike the "GODLY" Crysis.

Agreed.

NarcissistZero
02-23-09, 03:55 PM
Pics:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x192/AtsEst/00474.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x192/AtsEst/00474.jpg

Too big to post.

saturnotaku
02-23-09, 04:29 PM

Open gameplay in Crysis is an illusion. The missions and overall story are still linear.

Noriega
02-23-09, 04:34 PM
Open gameplay in Crysis is an illusion. The missions and overall story are still linear.

OK but getting through map in my way was a big pleasure for me!