PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft wants to expand market and help PC gaming, try this.

Pixelsmack
02-23-09, 12:13 PM
Microsoft could include the XBOX software with Win7 much the same way they have Media Center in their now. (MC comes with XBOX as is)

Thus every PC could also be an XBOX. They've done this GFWL thing as a sort of pseudo hack in to that world from the PC. But it's poorly supported.

And don't think having XBOX software running on your 8 core, quad sli means, XBOX software vendors start making games specifically for it. Of course not. In order to licence and make XBOX games you have to meet the consoles min requirements. So no, Bluray, no needing quad sli, etc.

But it would let Microsoft hit and expose another market opportunity. And to reduce tech grief they could even include a preinstall applet that scans your system and makes sure that your hardware is up for the job. If it's not, you can't install it.

Finally once in the XBOX software enviroment, that's all it is. It can see network services much the same way XBOX does now for media sharing, etc. But you can only play XBOX games. No running PC games from within it. I'd say no running even GFWL supported PC games from within it. And as much as I'd hate it, I still think it should only "see" XBOX controllers. No mouse/key support. Remember they want to expand market, not replace it.

I don't know, just one way for them to handle this. GFWL is a debacle when they already have a solution sitting there working.

Padibuz
02-23-09, 12:15 PM
And the source for this piece of information which will surely lead to the 360's death in the console race is... ?

Noriega
02-23-09, 12:20 PM
Better talk about some official infos

"Windows 7 will be great for games, undoubtedly," he said. "It's all good news - it's even more robust, it's quicker relatively, and the early testing cycles are proving very promising overall.
"I think it'll be nothing but good news for PC gamers, but we'll have more to say on that later on this year," he added.

"Ultimately we're a Windows and PC company at heart, and that's not going to change, and the development on both platforms will remain central and important. The business ebbs and flows, and there will be times when we do more on one platform than the other, but they do co-exist very nicely, and as a company we're in a pretty unique position that we have a strong legacy on PC."

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/44974/Windows-7-Will-Be-Great-For-Games

NarcissistZero
02-23-09, 12:26 PM
They said the same crap when Vista came out...

The goal of MS is for you to have both a gaming rig with Windows on it AND a 360. Everything they do will go towards that goal of you owning both and buying games for both, and in many cases buying games over again.

Noriega
02-23-09, 12:32 PM

The goal of MS is for you to have both a gaming rig with Windows on it AND a 360. Everything they do will go towards that goal of you owning both and buying games for both, and in many cases buying games over again.

Got the same feelings here ;)

XDanger
02-23-09, 01:04 PM
So dell will sell a 360PC ? They already have the case...

http://www.microcenter.com/images/shared/products/0304451_976126.jpg

Destroy
02-23-09, 01:15 PM

QFT. If they really want to make us happy they'd make a 360 Emulator included in Windows 7.

Badboy_12345
02-23-09, 01:15 PM
1. Make GFWL a digital distirbution channel for games like on x360
2. Include it in Windows 7
3. Undercut all Steam prices, especially in europe
4. WIN and lots of cash
5. Gabe shoots himself for being an idiot

(lee)