PDA

View Full Version : Core 7 question

offishall
02-23-09, 01:37 PM
Scuse me if this is a simplistic question guys, but I am just back into PC hardware recently and the changes are kind of blowing me away.

I just got a Core I7, and I noticed Windows Task Manager/Performace shows 8 CPUs. I read that it was because of hyper threading. I was hoping someone might elaborate for me. How does a quad core CPU become 8 core because of HT?

Thanks all

XDanger
02-23-09, 02:33 PM
http://tinyurl.com/calbfn;)

offishall
02-23-09, 03:01 PM
yea its pretty bad when a fellow just asks on a forum instead of googling :P heh thanks man

mojoman0
02-23-09, 03:06 PM
Well the whole point of a forum is to ask real people a question instead of researching it and reading about it. At least thats why I'm here.

bob saget
02-23-09, 03:47 PM
Well the whole point of a forum is to ask real people a question instead of researching it and reading about it. At least thats why I'm here.

and the discussions, and the weirdos. One must not forget about the weirdos.

Redeemed
02-23-09, 04:09 PM
and the discussions, and the weirdos. One must not forget about the weirdos.

No, bob- we really *do* want to forget about you.

bob saget
02-23-09, 04:19 PM
No, bob- we really *do* want to forget about you.

:(

XDanger
02-23-09, 04:22 PM

Yes but why read second hand and probably incorrect information from a forum when you can look at wikipedia :p

Personally I prefer to ask questions in here as the rest of the internet scares me, I just wanted an excuse to use lmgtfy

fasedww
02-28-09, 11:37 AM
Yes but why read second hand and probably incorrect information from a forum when you can look at wikipedia :p

Personally I prefer to ask questions in here as the rest of the internet scares me, I just wanted an excuse to use lmgtfy

Yeaph':)

Dreamweavernoob
02-28-09, 07:23 PM
occasionally i plant false things in wikipedia :bleh: