PDA

View Full Version : Does Steam disables Vistas Aero when Starting a Game from Steam?

eXeraZoR
02-24-09, 03:47 PM
Somebody knows?

thanks

LordJuanlo
02-24-09, 03:56 PM
Steam disables nothing, some games disable it while others don't, it depends on the game, it does not matter whether it's launched from Steam or not

evox
02-24-09, 04:36 PM
Steam disables nothing, some games disable it while others don't, it depends on the game, it does not matter whether it's launched from Steam or not
There you go.

Eliminator
02-24-09, 08:15 PM
i thought vista automatically detected when you're in 3D and turns off aero automatically?

ViN86
02-24-09, 08:39 PM
benchmarks from our own jAkUp a few years ago showed that gaming performance with aero on or off shows practically no difference. so the real question is, does it matter? :D

jeffmd
02-24-09, 09:47 PM
vista automatically disables aero when ever some other application creates a full screen direct 3d window.

Logical
02-24-09, 09:59 PM
Haven't you noticed that when you minimize out of a game that windows dont have the glass effect on them (transparency) ?

sillyeagle
02-24-09, 10:49 PM
Must be different in Win7. So far the only game that I've seen disable the glass effect is FSX.

nutcrackr
02-25-09, 12:43 AM
I never play games, or very rarely play games windowed. But if you have a specific game I may have it and would try it out for you.

jeffmd
02-26-09, 04:48 PM
Win7 is still incomplete and no games are tested with it, let alone knows the OS exhist.

That said I am really hoping Direct3d becomes pretty transparent in Win7. Recently I had to go back to a pc with winXP while my video card was on RMA and I enjoyed the lack of delay when tabbing out of games to wait for the display to reinitialize aero 3d again. It really made aero3d look more like a hack then a part of the OS.