PDA

View Full Version : LMA doe not work in Win9x!!!!!

bollux78
06-05-03, 12:22 AM
DID ANYONE NOTICED THAT PERFORMANCE OF THE WIN9X DETONATOR DRIVERS FOR GEFORCE4 AND ABOVE IS RIDICULOUSLY LOWER THAN THE XP VERSIONS?

I used the Villagemark test supecting it was occlusion culling and bufer compression issues, and YES it was. enabled or disabled meant nothing, and performance on XP with those disable was similar to 9x's one...

Does someone knows about a workaround for this? I dont want to use that "full of bells and whistles OS" wich does not support my scanner and my video capture card... 98 does what i need...

I'm downloading the WHQL'ed 44.03's for 9x, if LMa does not work in there we will know that THEY (M$, NVIDIA, OR BOTH), ARE TRYING TO KILL 9X!

Thanx,

Bollux

StealthHawk
06-05-03, 06:46 AM
Calm down, I really doubt that's the case.

When the gf3 first came out there was no winXP, only win9x for gamers. gf3 reviews proved without a doubt that LMA was working. I don't think nvidia would suddenly disable it on gf4s running win9x.

Sounds like you have other problems.

bollux78
06-05-03, 10:45 AM
I don't think it can be other thing, because, I reinstalled millions of driver versions, and the problem stays there, and now, with the fx 5200 too!

do you know which is thr registry key that controls lma? so then I can check manually

Thnx

CrashMaster
06-05-03, 01:44 PM
Just out of curiosity what kind of capture card do you use?

over at nforcers HQ I saw this quote talking about the nforce drivers and 98.

http://www.nforcershq.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=2

"If you were able to drop Win9x based OSes for driver development, how much easier would it be?

NVIDIA wishes they could drop 9X from development as things would be much easier. However, Asia and Europe still have heavy concentrations of the 9X based OSes."

I also read somewhere else that the 98 drivers are a lot harder to make due to some of the quriks of the os (being that its getting older)

But from what I hear they are not planning to drop 98 support any time soon.

As far as the capture card thier may be 3rd party drivers out there that will work in it in XP and the scanner who knows....

CrashMaster :angel:

bollux78
06-05-03, 03:58 PM
I use a Play TV Pro from Pixelview, wich has a conexant tv capture chip... BT848 I think...
The scanner is a no way, it's made in Brazil, so no driver support...

See ya

CrashMaster
06-07-03, 06:33 PM
http://www.prolink-usa.com/english/driver/playtv.html#PlayTVpro for your capture card and xp I guess...

Just thought I would pass that along incase (or when) you upgrade to xp (which with a little work can start to look a lot like 98)

CrashMaster :)

The Baron
06-07-03, 06:37 PM
I'm downloading the WHQL'ed 44.03's for 9x, if LMa does not work in there we will know that THEY (M$, NVIDIA, OR BOTH), ARE TRYING TO KILL 9X!
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Gargr
06-07-03, 11:35 PM
Rivatuner -> Direct3D -> LMA, 2 checkboxes(occlusion culling and Z-Buffer compression) were not checked. when i enabled them = better framerates in villagemark(I didnt test anything else

quik_2_win
06-09-03, 09:48 PM
Why would they (nV) disable those options in W98?