PDA

View Full Version : Tom Clancy's EndWar released today

Pages : [1] 2

dikinher
02-25-09, 10:59 PM
Anyone have it yet, if so, how is it? I am surprised no one had mentioned anything about it. Perhaps Empire Total War and DoW 2 kept it out of the limelight.

|MaguS|
02-25-09, 11:08 PM
No one has mentioned it because its not worth mentioning...

nekrosoft13
02-25-09, 11:17 PM
no one cares

Destroy
02-25-09, 11:21 PM
Total failure this PC game is.

NarcissistZero
02-25-09, 11:21 PM
I kind of care, as I like the Clancy universe, but the demo on 360 was pretty horrid. It might play better on PC, but I wouldn't know as they haven't released a demo.

nekrosoft13
02-26-09, 12:03 AM
this whole voice activated RTS idea was just bad

jkmetal
02-26-09, 12:19 AM
Anyone have it yet, if so, how is it? I am surprised no one had mentioned anything about it. Perhaps Empire Total War and DoW 2 kept it out of the limelight.

Thunderous roar of indifference.

dikinher
02-26-09, 12:40 AM
Here's the launch trailer. It reminds me of WiC in a way. It also looks fun, but we all know how tricky these marketing videos are, especially from Ubi.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45987.html

jAkUp
02-26-09, 12:57 AM
hmmm, it does resemble WiC in a few ways.

XP_GUN
02-26-09, 12:57 AM
WIC is so much better than this pos. I was really interested when it first came out then when they screwed us pc gamers by what 3 months and blamed it on pirating so i just said f it.

nutcrackr
02-26-09, 01:16 AM
maybe if they cared enough to co-release it on PC.

ubisoft games are a disaster waiting to happen.

Bokishi
02-26-09, 01:25 AM
I was considering getting it, but now I'm not so sure

crainger
02-26-09, 05:55 AM
this whole voice activated RTS idea was just bad

The demo works surprisingly well for me. I found it great fun. Just the demo that is. I can't see the full game being than the demo over and over again LOL.

jolle
02-26-09, 07:06 AM
Total failure this PC game is.
From what I´ve understood it isnt really a PC game, hence the problem...
If you put effort in making a console RTS, I cant see how it could compete on PC with the strong RTS titles on this platform.

Dreamweavernoob
02-26-09, 04:41 PM
what a ****ing aste of bandwidth

NarcissistZero
02-28-09, 06:41 PM
I've read some PC reviews and they actually say the game isn't too bad, just very simply. There are two things that make me not interested though: the camera is attached to units due to the console controls, not an overhead normal RTS view, and there is no story at all supposedly, just skirmish and multiplayer.

Would it have really killed Ubi to modify the camera to a normal RTS mode for PC?

crainger
02-28-09, 08:11 PM
Perhaps a mod can add it? I liked the 360 demo, but would prefer this one on PC. Once I'm done with DOW2 that is. :;):

ChaoticNick
02-28-09, 08:29 PM
I played this, and it's ridiculously bad. Extremely simplisic, seems made for console kiddies.

World in Conflict has a similar idea and theme and such, go play that instead.

crainger
02-28-09, 08:45 PM
Seems made for console? It WAS made for console!

I agree. WiC is better, I should play it again. I gave up as my PC kept crashing, but I has a new one now. ::D:

ChaoticNick
02-28-09, 09:32 PM
Oh, right :o

nekrosoft13
02-28-09, 11:50 PM
Seems made for console? It WAS made for console!

I agree. WiC is better, I should play it again. I gave up as my PC kept crashing, but I has a new one now. ::D:

new one? what did you build recently?

Bokishi
03-01-09, 03:52 PM
Empire Total War ftw

JasonPC
03-01-09, 04:40 PM
Really looking foward to Empire Total War. It's getting some very high early reviews. Many saying it's the best Total War game yet.

dikinher
03-01-09, 05:13 PM
Stormrise is also coming, developed by Creative Assembly.

It's supposed to be an RTS optimized for consoles, but it is also Games for Windows.

Here's a trailer

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360-hires/8700/Stormrise-Line-of-Site-Trailer-HD/

nekrosoft13
03-20-09, 12:37 PM
first patch
http://dlh.net/cgi-bin/dlp.cgi?lang=eng&sys=pc&file=tom_clancys_end_war_retail_1.01.zip&ref=ps

v1.01 Updates:

- Fixed performance drop that comes after playing 5-6 matches online.
- Updated Bink library to fix random crashes on Windows XP64
- Resolved issue of game crashing after launch when install directory contains a dot/period in its name.
- Fixed random crashes on Windows XP64, caused by memcpy.
- Added FPS warning information for online games so players can see who has the lowest FPS (connecting to a player with a lower FPS will cause you to have a lower FPS as well).
- 3D render optimization for multithread
- Improved rendering performance by MSAA optimization

Other Bugs Fixed:

- Game no longer freezes if the defeat dialog occurs while game tips are onscreen in the Prelude to War mode.
- Airstrike icon is now properly displayed on the minimap.
- Online filter now auto refreshes.
- Fixed wrong items appearing in the online filter list.
- In the Leader Board menus players no longer have to click ˇ°Weekˇ± or ˇ°Persistentˇ± twice to get the pop-up window.
- Fixed improper session info being displayed when player quits an online match and goes back to the game list
- The game filter now resets after players exit the multiplayer mode
- Game options are now only enabled for hosts in the game lobby.
- Sorting games by map in Skirmish game list now works properly.
- The game no longer signs into online account automatically using previous used accounts if players switch to the Internet tab in the LAN Game list.
- Clients can no longer change game options in skirmish lobbies.
- Game no longer crashes when unplugging network cable after a victory.
- Game no longer crashes when unplugging network cable while in skirmish game list.
- Fixed ping values being incorrectly displayed in the online game list.
- Players will no longer see names of other players who are not actually in the same lobby.
- The "Voice Receive Volume" now saves automatically without pressing the "apply" button.
- Changes to resolution now save properly when players change both the resolution and an item from the advanced options.
- Fixed freeze after exiting from skirmish games.
- All players no longer lose their connection if the host unplugs his cable during a game.
- All players no longer lose their connection if one player unplugs his cable during count down.
- Fixed random sound related crash in Windows XP64.
- Fixed NAT traversal timeouts for certain routers.
- Fixed water render bug on ATI cards.
- Fixed flickering textures when your camera is close to the buildings in La Mancha.
- Fixed flickering textures in Mission report menu under certain graphics settings.
- Fixed water rendering bug when players alt-tab to windows under certain graphic settings.
- Added CP cost information for fortification tooltip.
- Fixed out of sync AI.
- The offsite support icon no longer freezes on screen when the player uses offsite support.
- Random crashes fixed.
- Other online disconnection bugs fixed.
- Hang time when playing matches on certain graphics hardware has been eliminated.

Improvements:

- Added exit button for BHQ, so players can use quit BHQ without using keyboard.
- Add icon indicator for Force Recon support power.
- Better sound memory allocation method used to improve performance.
- AMBX effect improvements.
- Fine tuned the LOD value for high-end PCs.