S.I.N
02-05-09, 10:37 AM
Downloading now.(nana2)

KasuCode
02-05-09, 10:57 AM
downloadin

NaitoSan
02-05-09, 11:25 AM
Awesome! I'm downloading it right now. :)

KasuCode
02-05-09, 11:38 AM
short demo but was fun. game looks great and plays really good. no slowdowns or anything. Ill be getting this game as soon as it comes out.

Mr. Hunt
02-05-09, 11:41 AM
Dang I hate you people... mine is on 30% :(.

JaylumX
02-05-09, 12:19 PM
13% here and i fear that Virgin media (my ISP) is gonna throttle my connection any second now :(

Dammit

S.I.N
02-05-09, 12:36 PM
Apart from the graphics I didn't find it engaging at all. And even with such good graphics technically there is this dull blandness about it that does not make me say wow. I thought it was just the media released so far but its the same thing with playing the demo. MGS4 looks more impressive to me. Hopefully the rest of the game is better experience than this demo. I'm canceling my Amazon pre-oder and waiting for it on the cheap. Why doesn't this game do anything for me?:(

Lfctony
02-05-09, 12:47 PM
Cool demo. Unfortunately everything is already well known from countless videos but it's still worth playing. I wanted to see how the controls are. Well, they suck. Super slow and imprecise. I already have enough problems controlling console shooters but this feels simply disconnected. Otherwise the game is solid, visuals are ok even though there is a slight grain filter. Sound on the other hand is insane, great atmosphere.

It also plays a bit like CoD. You run form script to script and kill everyone in the meantime. It's still fun because the action is superb!

In short: great game but horrible controls. Not worth the full price for me.

I agree about the controls. It feels that it takes a while for the game to respond when you move the sticks. For example when you aim up or down from a stop it takes a split second until your character looks up/down... Hopefully they will take notice and fix it.

|MaguS|
02-05-09, 12:50 PM
I agree about the controls. It feels that it takes a while for the game to respond when you move the sticks. For example when you aim up or down from a stop it takes a split second until your character looks up/down... Hopefully they will take notice and fix it.

It's a design choice (every preview covered this aspect of the controls) to add the effect of weight. Problem with most FPS games is that your playign a soldier carrying 50lb+ of equipment yet your agile as a gymnist. They decided against this and wanted to do what they felt was right, they wont change it.

Lfctony
02-05-09, 01:08 PM
It's a design choice (every preview covered this aspect of the controls) to add the effect of weight. Problem with most FPS games is that your playign a soldier carrying 50lb+ of equipment yet your agile as a gymnist. They decided against this and wanted to do what they felt was right, they wont change it.

Irrelevant. I'm not talking about how the character moves but about the fact that there's "lag" when moving your gun around. That's not something that would be affected by how much equipment you are carrying. If I give you a gun and strap 50 pounds on your back, yes you will have difficulty moving around but while aiming your gun, it doesn't make a difference... It's like your brain gives the signal but your hands take half a second to respond... That's just a retarded design choice... If its indeed a design choice and not a game problem...

NaitoSan
02-05-09, 01:26 PM
I knew |MaguS| going to jump in to defend the game. Sorry I had to say that. :) But that would make sense if you want it to be as realistic as possible, but I haven't played it yet.

Demo is at 62%. :( I hate PSN speed, it's so slow! I'm going to post my thoughts once I play it.

Odral
02-05-09, 01:35 PM
I like it...day 1 purchase for me :)

|MaguS|
02-05-09, 02:25 PM
Irrelevant. I'm not talking about how the character moves but about the fact that there's "lag" when moving your gun around. That's not something that would be affected by how much equipment you are carrying. If I give you a gun and strap 50 pounds on your back, yes you will have difficulty moving around but while aiming your gun, it doesn't make a difference... It's like your brain gives the signal but your hands take half a second to respond... That's just a retarded design choice... If its indeed a design choice and not a game problem...

Oh your taking about a response time problem with input. Swater sounded like he was talking about sluggish movement.

Lfctony
02-05-09, 02:35 PM
Oh your taking about a response time problem with input. Swater sounded like he was talking about sluggish movement.

Yep. Game looks great, plays pretty good. The only problem is what I specified. I still have it on pre-order, still getting it. But I wish that they will take note and fix that thing, when it takes a while (just a bit) before the controller/game/whatever registers your gamepad action. Then again, I'm the kind of person noticing micro-stuttering and lag with wireless mice. So it might be that I'm picky! :)

JaylumX
02-05-09, 02:39 PM
Not to sure about this :hmmm: Nowadays i am very fussy on what i spend my money on. I may have to rent this or borrow from a mate.

Mr. Hunt
02-05-09, 02:55 PM
Just got done playing the demo twice... very awesome... aiming takes some getting use to, but it isn't that bad. Helghast AR ftw, btw.

EDIT: Oh and I will say using the knife is more trouble than it is worth... not that you should be using it... but I had to test everything ;)

H3avyM3tal
02-05-09, 03:33 PM
I am impressed by the demo. It feels new to me. I am not that excited about the single play, but this game deserves being bought (Imho).

BioHazZarD
02-05-09, 03:37 PM
So stupid no coop that would really have been awesome.

ViN86
02-05-09, 04:03 PM
so do i have to register for a UK account to get this? :lol:

|MaguS|
02-05-09, 04:10 PM
so do i have to register for a UK account to get this? :lol:

Should be on the US PSN or later today...

I personally have a US, UK and JP Accounts.

Mr. Hunt
02-05-09, 04:11 PM
Yeah... I have any account I can have lol.

Vin... I will PM you my preorder code later since I already downloaded it from the UK store...

ViN86
02-05-09, 04:12 PM
Should be on the US PSN or later today...

I personally have a US, UK and JP Accounts.

rumor is it wont be on US til feb 26th. only certain preorders get access to it...

http://www.ps3blog.net/2009/02/02/killzone-2-demo-feb-5th-for-all-to-enjoy/

Killzone 2 Demo Feb 5th for all to enjoy

As Gibb mentioned in the Shoutbox the Killzone 2 demo will be available on the European PSN store on February 5th. So if you have a European PSN account then you are all set. For those that have those pre-order codes from Gamestop in North America, the demo is still available February 5th.

The demo will arrive on the North American PSN on February 26, but why not create a Europe PSN account and get in on all the fun :)

Mr. Hunt
02-05-09, 04:13 PM
PM sent!