PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Quest V DS

Ninjaman09
02-26-09, 08:33 AM
I don't know how many of you guys around here are all that into the Dragon Quest series, but it's been a favorite of mine ever since I got Dragon Warrior for free with a Nintendo Power subscription like 20 years ago. The series has never been particularly innovative or graphically outstanding (notable exception DQ8), but I've always loved the simplistic, consistent feel of the games. Not to mention, the games are actually somewhat difficult, unlike say the FF series.

Anyway, DQ5 has finally made it to the US, in a nicely remade form no less. I've played the fan translated version and loved it, but I didn't even know a NA localization of a DS remake was being made until right before it was released last week. I finished it last night and I have to say, it's one of the best games I've played in recent memory. I know the crowd here is generally pretty hardcore and may already know, but I wanted to spread the word anyway. If you have any interest in DQ and are looking for a good RPG to play, don't hesitate to pick this one up.