PDA

View Full Version : Using 360 Controller In Vista

Mr Bigman
03-01-09, 02:24 PM
I want to use my 360 controller for the pc for some games i got but i did plug it in and installed software but it doesn't show up in game controllers and in the game i want to use it doesn't slow it connnected.

What is the purpose of using it when you can't see it in properties?

So what is the real reason they offer software for pc for the xbox gamepad?

Sycario
03-01-09, 02:27 PM
Did you try hitting the big circle button in the middle (forgot what it is called). If you hit it, it should connect. The light can still be on on the controller without it thinking its connected. I bought one last night and have been messing with it.

Mr Bigman
03-01-09, 05:17 PM
Yea but it turns on the 360 in the other room too.

ilal2ielli
03-01-09, 05:20 PM
The controller is still synced to the console, which is why it is doing that. The drivers that Vista installs is just to be able to charge the controller using the USB port. The only way I know of to get the controller to sync with the PC is to get the wireless PC adapter that Microsoft sells.

LordJuanlo
03-02-09, 04:15 AM
Yep, if you are using the wireless controller you can't use the charge cable to connect it to your PC. You need this receiver

http://www.krunker.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/WindowsLiveWriter/OCModShopreviewstheXbox360WirelessReceiv_F3E8/wireless_receiver_04_thumb.jpg