PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Sucks

ViN86
03-02-09, 09:35 AM
so, why are we still using bluetooth? it has awful power requirements, it's low bandwidth, and it has interference with 802.11.

i have two headsets for my new Samsung Omnia phone and my new BT headset has a tremendous amount of static when the phones 802.11 is turned on, while the older headset has no static when it is on lol.

this has led me to the conclusion that BT sucks and i must complain here about it :lol:

|MaguS|
03-02-09, 10:02 AM
You need a better phone and headset... I have multiple phones with wifi capabilities and never experiance any problems with my Bluetooth headsets. Heck I have my router in my room and don't get any problems when using my Bluetooth headset on my PS3.

Headsets I have used are Jawbone 1/2, Motorola Pure H12, H15 and H780 and Plantronics 925. No issues at all with them...

DiscipleDOC
03-02-09, 10:09 AM
You need a better phone and headset... I have multiple phones with wifi capabilities and never experiance any problems with my Bluetooth headsets. Heck I have my router in my room and don't get any problems when using my Bluetooth headset on my PS3.

Headsets I have used are Jawbone 1/2, Motorola Pure H12, H15 and H780 and Plantronics 925. No issues at all with them...

I agree. My wireless is working fine on my iphone and I use my BT all the time.

Pony up and get a better phone, Vinny. :p

ViN86
03-03-09, 09:43 AM
I agree. My wireless is working fine on my iphone and I use my BT all the time.

Pony up and get a better phone, Vinny. :p

not the phone, it's the headset. i have a $500 Samsung Omnia that i just got three days ago and it's a new model, so it shouldnt be the problem.

i think i need to spend more than $40 on a headset i guess :(

DiscipleDOC
03-03-09, 10:37 AM
not the phone, it's the headset. i have a $500 Samsung Omnia that i just got three days ago and it's a new model, so it shouldnt be the problem.

i think i need to spend more than $40 on a headset i guess :(

That could be true. If you notice that your BT headset is not working even after that, you may want to see about exchanging your phone. The BT device in your phone could have a problem. I had a crapberry 8310 that I had to exchange at an AT&T store that had a problem like that.