PDA

View Full Version : Overclocking XP2000 ??

Jamin
06-05-03, 06:16 PM
My processor died, and I had to get a new one on short notice and with not much cash. The Tbred 2000+ (RIRGA stepping) was the only thing Fry's had that I could afford at the time. It's still the A revision, not the nice new B one.

So, does anyone have any experience oc'ing one of these? I have the Abit NF7-M v1.2 mobo, so I should think the mobo itself should handle pretty much anything I can throw at it, as far as this particular cpu goes. But what can I expect in terms of just the cpu? I've tried overclocking once or twice before (on a different processor), and it ended up trashing my hard drive, so I'm a tad nervous about doing it again. Should I even try to oc this one at all? Or should I just save up and replace it with a better/newer one (ie. one of the good Tbred-B's or a Barton) as soon as I get enough cash?

Thanks in advance. :)

---Jamin

saturnotaku
06-05-03, 08:25 PM
You're probably not going to be able to get a whole lot out of that processor because the nForce2 AFAIK doesn't unlock non Thoroughbred-B processors.

Like everything that has the ability to be overclocked, your mileage will vary. You may be able to get a solid OC, you may not. Trial and error is your best and only friend.