PDA

View Full Version : Capcom says Street Fighter 4 PC Coming in Summer

K007
03-03-09, 05:30 AM
PC version may also come bundled with the official MadCatz joypad.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173035http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173035

Street Fighter 4 was finally released in North America for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 back in February, but if for some reason you're holding out for the PC version, now at least you have some idea of how long you'll be waiting. Speaking to VideoGamer.com (via Shacknews), Christian Svensson, Capcom vice president, business development and strategic planning, said the game should be released by the summer... although we can't say he sounded entirely convinced by his own statement.

"Let's say summer," Svensson simply replied when asked about the PC release. He didn't narrow the release down any further, but he did confirm that the MadCatz arcade stick and game pad released specifically for SF4 also work for the PC. Moreover, Capcom is currently considering the possibility of releasing the PC version of the game in a bundle with the MadCatz pad. "We may, and I'm in talks with MadCatz to figure out how can we actually do some bundles of pads and Street Fighter 4 PC," Svensson said. Hopefully the issues MadCatz has been having with their FightSticks will have been cleared up well before the PC version's release.

Speaking more broadly about the console release of SF4, Svensson said they're "thrilled" with the reception so far, and that the title is "exceeding forecasts." "I don't want to make an outrageous statement that I can't back up. When we can back it up I'll make an outrageous statement. It's on track to do some pretty amazing things. I'll say that," he added.

We do know Capcom has shipped at least 2 million units of the game worldwide so far, which sure isn't a bad start.

(lee63)

EciDemon
03-03-09, 06:34 AM
It's going to be sweet to play SFIV in high res with AA :D
Even though I have it for ps3 I think this will be a must buy for me

Logical
03-03-09, 09:05 AM
But summer ? WTH

The arcade version was based on a windows xp system...why the long wait ?
:(

LordJuanlo
03-03-09, 11:42 AM
Because arcade version is "old". Console versions have more features and extras than arcade, and Capcom wants to add those features to the PC version too (I would feel pissed if PC version was cut down comparing to consoles). Of course the delay is good for them, they prefer the PC version to be released later because it would hurt console sales.

They will probably add some small, PC exclusive features, just like they did with latest Devil May Cry. I don't mind waiting (so used to it...), I know Capcom will release a great PC game.

"Well the answer is the game's not done," Svensson said when asked about the release discrepancy. "So, to put things into perspective, the Street Fighter IV team is working on two things right now. They're finishing the PC SKU, and people are like, well the arcade was the PC, how hard can it be? Well we had all of these additions for the console version in terms of content that didn't exist on the PC. All of that needs to be rolled back in.

"We have to do an online integration with an online service. I won't discuss which one yet because it hasn't been announced yet. Obviously the arcade had no online. Here we have an online integration that has to be done. We have to optimise the game for a variety of configurations, both up and down, so that it looks pretty on things that are more powerful than the arcade system and it runs well and at 60 frames per second on things that are considerably less powerful, so we sell to more than the top two per cent of the market.

"Your next question to me is probably, well why don't you just hold the console versions until the PC is done? The answer is the unfortunate financial realities of making our numbers within certain financial years or quarters drives when we have to actually get some stuff out of the door. The other part of this is while the PC is an important part of our business today, the forecast does not justify holding back the lion share of the revenues that comes from consoles to make it happen."

While many PC gamers will be disappointed by the wait, Svensson said that Street Fighter IV on PC "could become the definitive version", adding "I think you'll see a few extra bells and whistles on the PC version when that comes a little later this year too." from Voodoo Extreme (http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/45151/Why-Was-Street-Fighter-IV-PC-Delayed)

crainger
03-03-09, 01:15 PM
Maybe a new feature will be better English dubbing. I play with subtitles for that reason alone...

bu1basaur
03-03-09, 01:34 PM
After playing it on consoles, it's probably the only game I'll get this year. That is unless Starcraft 2 comes out.

Kaguya
03-03-09, 04:20 PM
Any idea if there will be cross-platform multiplayer? A friend of mine got this for his 360 and I'd love to play against him on PC.

GitDat
03-03-09, 04:46 PM
Any idea if there will be cross-platform multiplayer? A friend of mine got this for his 360 and I'd love to play against him on PC.

I wish they could do that with more games.

Logical
03-03-09, 10:38 PM
Gametrailers have a x360 v ps3 movie of SF4, imo there is very very little difference between the 2. I think the PC version will blow them both away. :)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46276.html

crainger
03-04-09, 01:47 AM
LOL

You guys... The game will be the same except a higher res which will show up the low res textures more. There thats all console ports in a nutshell.

K007
03-04-09, 02:30 AM
cross platform multiplayer was confirmed not going to happen.

crainger
03-04-09, 03:38 AM
Keyboard is good for SF except for the 360 degree moves. ::(:

K007
03-04-09, 04:28 AM
lol yea u can't do the 360 ****

lumpyhed
03-04-09, 01:58 PM
LOL

You guys... The game will be the same except a higher res which will show up the low res textures more. There thats all console ports in a nutshell.

You are forgetting x-arcade support!
Damn MS for blocking 3rd parties on 360 :(

Logical
03-04-09, 05:25 PM
LOL

True and also with AA and Nhancer :D

crainger
03-05-09, 12:03 AM
True and also with AA and Nhancer :D

AA probably wont work for some obscure reason. ATi will get it to work for one driver release, but break it in the next. The release after that will screw the shadows. It will remain screwed from then on.