PDA

View Full Version : nvidia's fantastic asio drivers for nforce apu

david
06-05-03, 09:36 PM
It seems like ages ago since nVidia release ASIO drivers for the humble onboard audio processor and I, excited by the promise of, until now only dreamt of, ultra low latencies, rushed off to download the latest chipset drivers with ASIO support.

One system crash and an OS reinstall later I decided that perhaps I'd give nV a little time to sort out there problem.

Now 9 months (or however long) later I find that the exact same problem still exists with the nForce drivers. If I select ASIO as a driver, the software crashes and won't switch back to directx.

Is there a patch, or an upgrade to solve the asio problem, or am I going to have to reinstall the affected application in the hope that this will solve the problem (it didn't last time) and stick to directx for a while longer?

CaptNKILL
06-06-03, 12:04 AM
I have no clue what your talking about.

:confused:

PenguinJim
06-06-03, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by CaptNKILL
I have no clue what your talking about.

:confused:

Me neither :P

Maybe we should leave the replies to those in the know ;)

SavagePaladin
06-07-03, 02:37 PM
If you have 29.42 correctly installed off WindowsUpdate (3.42 in NV terms) it should work fine, elsewise you should perhaps try a different program. I've heard success stories but I don't use ASIO myself.

Dazz
06-08-03, 08:02 AM
I just got me a nForce2 yesterday i think it has the realtek APU :rolleyes: did really know, all the box says is K7N2 serise then listed to everything but says some maybe optional lmao. The reason i an't been here in the last day was due to not being able to get the lan running still can't, i only just now got my NIC to run with this board. This board does things to LAN cards thats for sure.

david
06-20-03, 09:11 AM
actually since now and then I've found the money for a dedicated soundcard so my ASIO support comes from elsewhere now. I've disabled my nv soundcard in the bios although the option to use NVidia ASIO is still present in my music apps.

I'm too scared to experimentally try it again to see if it still destroys my system so I'm just very careful when I select my sound drivers now not to select the wrong one :p

Thanks for your help anyway, it was much apreciated.