PDA

View Full Version : Question about screen tearing in games with vysnc off.....

tggalindo
03-04-09, 12:54 AM
When playing a game with the vysnc option off I do see the common tearing, but I also see sometimes not all the time is like really quick wavy rolling screen or I guess its called a tear. Is this basically the tear issue by having vysnc off?

CaptNKILL
03-04-09, 01:11 AM
Yep. That's pretty much how I'd describe it too. That's tearing and its caused by your monitor's refresh rate and the game's frame rate going out of sync.

Enabling Vsync will get rid of it but you'll need triple buffering enabled\forced to keep a consistent framerate, otherwise vsync will cause your framerate to drop by 50% to keep things synced.

DJMONDY
03-06-09, 08:12 AM
Can anyone answer me this one. i dont think its anything to do with v-sync though.

Let say im playing cod4 and im in a darkened room looking through a door or window frame with sunlight outside. if i move the mouse left and right the black seems to bleed or smudge into the lightened area for a split second.

Im using a Sony 40w2000 but i posted on the Avforums a while back and they didnt know what i was on about so i dont know if its a setting i would have to adjust on my GPU but then it does it on ps3 and 360 games too so maybe a setting on my tv isnt right.

Any ideas?

Thanks

CaptNKILL
03-06-09, 01:46 PM
Ghosting?

I'm not sure.

|MaguS|
03-06-09, 01:48 PM
Blur and Smudging? Thats ghosting... aka your monitor can't keep up with the images displayed on screen.

tggalindo
03-06-09, 04:03 PM
Can anyone answer me this one. i dont think its anything to do with v-sync though.

Let say im playing cod4 and im in a darkened room looking through a door or window frame with sunlight outside. if i move the mouse left and right the black seems to bleed or smudge into the lightened area for a split second.

Im using a Sony 40w2000 but i posted on the Avforums a while back and they didnt know what i was on about so i dont know if its a setting i would have to adjust on my GPU but then it does it on ps3 and 360 games too so maybe a setting on my tv isnt right.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Yea thats got to be ghosting or if not actually ghosting some type of artifact that is common with LCD's displays. You wont see nothing like that on a crt monitor, so dont worry to much about it theres nothing defective with your tv. Actaully that issue your seeing happens all the time in the world , its jsut no one says stuff about on forums liek us here and plus no one even sees it happening because there not look for it.