jAkUp
03-05-09, 01:43 PM
(nana2)

nekrosoft13
03-05-09, 01:47 PM
wanted? is that about that bad movie?

Mr. Hunt
03-05-09, 02:04 PM
Oh awesome... this game looked interesting somewhat...

Destroy
03-05-09, 09:27 PM
How is it and is there a PS3 demo out for it?

Mr. Hunt
03-05-09, 10:33 PM
It is alright... the controls feel a bit weird sometimes... the cover system is decent, except getting off cover in a jam can sometimes suck.

Demo is on PSN as well.

Destroy
03-06-09, 11:23 PM
Just played it. Can scratch this one off my list. This game is like a cramped, less interesting Dark Sector.

I expected the curved bullet thing to be much more badass and cooler. Zzzzzzzzzz. :thumbdwn:

Tuork
03-13-09, 01:07 AM
wanted? is that about that bad movie?

Nope, it's about the INCREDIBLY CLICHE DULL AND STUPID MOVIE.

S.I.N
03-21-09, 02:25 AM
Liked the movie so I decided to try the Demo and kind of really liked it. Thought for sure I would turn it off 5 minutes in but I played it to the end. If it was not based off the movie and had better graphics I think it would be getting more attention. Best cover system I have seen in a game yet. This is going in my GameFly Q.

crainger
03-21-09, 02:39 AM
I like this game.

Lfctony
03-22-09, 07:14 AM
Unfortunately, the full game offers nothing different than the demo(which I thought was pretty bad). Too bad, I was looking forward to it.

Tuork
03-22-09, 01:22 PM
I saw some footage on IGN and I hate to admit it actually looks pretty decent...:headexplode

The movie still sucks bawlls, but I think the ideas are worthwhile for a game. I also heard the cover system is top notch. I think my friend is getting it, so I'll have a trial run beforehand.

Lfctony
03-22-09, 01:31 PM
It's take cover, shoot some guys. Move on 3 meters, take cover, shoot more guys. Move 3 more meters take cover again, curve a bullet. Move closer to a guy and push B for a close combat kill. Blah blah blah... Its not exciting at all. Feels clunky and boring... And before anyone says anything about Gears of War, its a much different game. I like games using cover systems. This game is just bad imo...

Mr. Hunt
03-24-09, 01:10 AM
Anybody buying this? Saw it on Steam, but think I might get the PS3 version on Wednesday or maybe even tomorrow if I can get my hands on it... enjoyed the demo a decent amount.

S.I.N
03-24-09, 01:43 AM
I liked it but don't know about dropping 59.99 on it. Solid rental for me but if it was $40 or so I would have bought it.

|MaguS|
03-24-09, 08:56 AM
It's take cover, shoot some guys. Move on 3 meters, take cover, shoot more guys. Move 3 more meters take cover again, curve a bullet. Move closer to a guy and push B for a close combat kill. Blah blah blah... Its not exciting at all. Feels clunky and boring... And before anyone says anything about Gears of War, its a much different game. I like games using cover systems. This game is just bad imo...

So its Gears of War? :p

Peoples-Agent
03-24-09, 02:39 PM
The way I see it, if you liked the movie then your enjoy the game. The plot basically carries on from the movie.

Seeing as I liked the film, the game appeals to me. Definately buying this.

Lfctony
03-24-09, 02:47 PM

Magus, having to quote myself... :)

People's Agent, I also liked the movie. But the game sucks IMO... The name "Wanted" isn't enough to carry this. The name does not make the game...

LurkerLito
03-27-09, 05:23 PM
I just rented this the other day from GF and it is a fun game. But it looks like it is very short. I just checked game faqs and it looks like I'll be finishing it tonight. Graphically it isn't amazing but average IMO. The gameplay is repetative, the cover system works for it, but seems a bit less polished than Gears of War or Uncharted. The curve bullets thing is really just a gimmick and you can, with a few exceptions of some bosses, get by without it. The story is well written in that it seems to fit the movie as kind of prequel/sequel. Unfortunately the AI is just bad and it makes the game very easy (I haven't unlocked killer mode but the hardest difficulty I could select "Assassin" is really easy). It's definitely worth renting, but maybe not buying. 7/10 for me really more of a 6.5/10 but I'll round up because I liked the story as it's playing out.

Since this is the demo thread, basically what you see in the demo is really how almost the whole game plays out. If you don't like it you won't like the game since it is very much a small part of the full game and almost all the levels play similarly. The only 3 things missing in the demo from a game play point are the few short at a gun turrent like events where you have to kill all the enemies for a certain amount of time, a kind of quick time like event that is well done where you have a few seconds to shoot down bullets coming at you and the people shooting at you, and one sniping section.

tornadog
03-27-09, 05:33 PM
Ah the joy of being broke. I dont even have to consider buying such iffy games ;)