PDA

View Full Version : Buying a used PC game question

musman
03-05-09, 02:08 PM
If I buy a used PC game say Crysis, or Company of Heroes (both I currently own) will I be able to play online with the used copy?

Thank You

DJMONDY
03-05-09, 02:11 PM
As far as i know yes they should work fine. i used my old key for a new copy of cod2 (old disk got damaged) and i havnt had a problem.

nekrosoft13
03-05-09, 02:17 PM
If I buy a used PC game say Crysis, or Company of Heroes (both I currently own) will I be able to play online with the used copy?

Thank You

only if the person you buy it from is honest, and stop using the cd-key

Noriega
03-05-09, 02:20 PM
OMG buy new! Their uber cheap in poland!

NaitoSan
03-05-09, 02:38 PM
I believe Best Buy is having $20 off on Crysis and Crysis Warhead. It'll cost you $10 each.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/18693/20-Off-Select-PC-Games-At-Best-Buy-Stores-The-Orange-Box--Crysis--Crysis-Warhead--CC-Red-Alert-3-Premier--More-10-Each

NarcissistZero
03-05-09, 05:11 PM
It really depends on the game... Steam games and Ubisoft games you can't really buy used as they link to an account. Some EA games are like this also. Research the specifc title and you will find your answer.

XDanger
03-06-09, 01:33 PM
Yeah.. I should probably try reading before replying...

|MaguS|
03-06-09, 01:45 PM
Wait... if you have the games already why do you need to buy them.... ooooh nm

jolle
03-06-09, 03:29 PM
Generally, I wouldnt buy a game I intend to MP used.
First off there is always the risk they old user hogs the key/account and rips you off.
secondly, the cost per hour on even a full priced MP game that you spend some time with is really low compared to most SP games.

I remember the stats pages for BF2 had a "Cent per hour" stat, based on a fixed 50usd pricetag divided by hours played, sorta interesting to see that playing BF2 had cost me 26 cent per hour, though its really less as I didnt pay that much for the game.

And also, if you like the game, support the developer.
They dont really get anything from a used game sales.

musman
03-07-09, 11:20 AM
I do support the game makers. I have purchased many games in the past year. I was just wondering really. I have all the Crysis games, bunch of flight simulators, racing games, I even have The Witcher, not my kind of game though.

Thanks for the replies!