PDA

View Full Version : I just bought logitech g5, dont like its size?

LucasK
03-06-09, 03:39 PM
i prefer something quite smaller, so should i go with the g9 or something else. also i do not want somethg with too high of a DPI. my old mouse that i used is this one: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-V450-Cordless-Laser-Mouse/dp/B000GABCY2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1236287190&sr=8-6:(

or are ther any other mice that are similar to the one i posted above, thats good for gaming?

Sazar
03-06-09, 03:58 PM
i prefer something quite smaller, so should i go with the g9 or something else. also i do not want somethg with too high of a DPI. my old mouse that i used is this one: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-V450-Cordless-Laser-Mouse/dp/B000GABCY2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1236287190&sr=8-6:(

or are ther any other mice that are similar to the one i posted above, thats good for gaming?

The G9 is smaller and the fly-wheel is superior to that of the G-5 (although don't expect to use middle-click. You can always program buttons 3 and 4 instead though).

Also the dpi is adjustable on the fly on the G-9 so it should not be an issue for you.

Do you have any store nearby you can go check one out on display?

LucasK
03-06-09, 04:15 PM
umm my best buy, they dont have them outside of the packaging though. would the g9 be closest size to my previous mouse that is good for gaming? or should o keep the one i have? i felt like i needed more dpi then my original

Sazar
03-06-09, 04:32 PM
The G-9 will be closer in size than the G-5. You also have 2 sleeves to choose from to put on the mouse. One is wider than the other and you can adjust to fit your needs. You also have weights :)

Try it out, if you don't like it, you can always return the mouse :D

Fwiw, it's the 2nd best mouse I have owned (after the MX Revolution I use in the office. THAT is an awesome mouse, but it's much bigger).

LucasK
03-06-09, 07:02 PM
thanks man, i called my BB they said i could get a full refund, so i will definately try the g9 out :)

LucasK
03-06-09, 10:18 PM
are you sure that i will like this mouse better then the g5 cus i really like the feel of my old one, but i need a new one...this would be the closest thing to it thats good for gaming?

bob saget
03-07-09, 02:57 AM
love my G5, all i ever need.

MaxFX
03-07-09, 09:03 AM
G9 is by far the best mouse I ever have laid my hands on!
I had a G5 up until recently but never liked the overbulky design so the G9 should probably fit you perfect, and my hands are very big and the G9 is very smal so it's totaly perfect for the claw/ fingertip grip and as you have 2 sleeves you can rest assure some will fit perfect ;)

G9 for the win, everything else just fade as their is no comparison in my eyes and the buttons and the wheel is almost to good to be true!

Well nuff said, buy a G9 and never look back :D

LucasK
03-07-09, 09:22 AM
only reason i wonder is beacause i have smaller hands, and couldnt stand the g5's bulkyness

MaxFX
03-07-09, 11:50 AM
only reason i wonder is beacause i have smaller hands, and couldnt stand the g5's bulkyness

As I said I couldent stand the bulkiness of the G5 eaiter so then one knows how frikking big the thing is.

G9 will be perfect thrust me, you allready heard another said the same!

And why not log in to Logitechs site and compare them side by side, as you can see the G9 is a totalt diferent kind of thing as the G9 is a flat mouse = fingertip/clawgrip and G5 as we know bulky as hell and is obvioulsy a palmhandgrip!

LucasK
03-07-09, 02:52 PM
i just boughtthe g9, testing it out now on cod 4. i usually use a palm/hand grip anyways, so the smoother grip on the mouse might be better :):headexplode:

MaxFX
03-07-09, 03:06 PM
yeah great you did the right thing mate ;)
you must notice and feel how much better it is then the crap G5 :D
I have switch back and forth but settle for the precision grip and the mat i use is a razer exactmat. seems like a perfect combo!

LucasK
03-07-09, 04:24 PM
right now i love it, i am using a regular cloth mouse pad, i bought one of the rocketfish ones with the speed and control side, once i get used to this mouse i will use the rocket fish. Im glad i made the choice of this! :) its improving my skills some in call of duty :D way less bulky then g5, although if g5 was smaller, i would rather buy that one. my next thing is a new headset and some PC upgrades. i have an asus g50vt-x1 laptop. if you could think of any upgrades to add for cod 4 that would bre great.! thanks!!!!

Logical
03-07-09, 05:26 PM
If you like small flat mouse in your hand then get a Razor otherwise the G9 isnt that much difference to size and bulk than what the G5 is...the widegrip for the G9 even more so...

MaxFX
03-08-09, 06:23 AM
Well if you want some seriously headphones this seems like the next big thing.
Its a revolution from what everyone says and I will get this ASAP!
finaly surround headphones that really work and no DSP crappy virtual thing, this is the real deal!

http://www.psykoaudio.com/

Sazar
03-08-09, 12:28 PM
right now i love it, i am using a regular cloth mouse pad, i bought one of the rocketfish ones with the speed and control side, once i get used to this mouse i will use the rocket fish. Im glad i made the choice of this! :) its improving my skills some in call of duty :D way less bulky then g5, although if g5 was smaller, i would rather buy that one. my next thing is a new headset and some PC upgrades. i have an asus g50vt-x1 laptop. if you could think of any upgrades to add for cod 4 that would bre great.! thanks!!!!

Congrats :)

I would also recommend using the free-spin option on the mouse. I personally cannot live without it ever since I purchased the MX Revolution :D

Great feature and while it is not as nice as on the Revolution, it is pretty spectacular in it's own right :D

It's a shame no other mouse maker implements this technology in their products.

a12ctic
03-08-09, 12:32 PM
Well if you want some seriously headphones this seems like the next big thing.
Its a revolution from what everyone says and I will get this ASAP!
finaly surround headphones that really work and no DSP crappy virtual thing, this is the real deal!

http://www.psykoaudio.com/

spam bot with 260 posts?

MaxFX
03-08-09, 02:04 PM
spam bot with 260 posts?
He was asking for advice what to get if you have eye's to read so if you dont have anything to say you just better STFU IDIOT!!