PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA laughs at my settings, mocks my appearance

clifgriffin
03-06-09, 06:10 PM
Greetings,
I'm running Windows 7 (Build 7000) currently on my HTPC. I'm having two problems:
1. When I manually adjust my CRT position using the NVIDIA Control Panel, it reverts as soon as I reboot or the system goes in and out of sleep. I have to launch the control panel again, at which point it quickly goes back to my saved setting.
2. I'm using a switch box between my monitor (TV) and computer. This causes the video card to incorrectly detect the proper screen resolution and refresh rate. Windows seems to be able to detect this resolution properly itself (Clicking "Detect" from Screen Resolution fixes it) , but the NVIDIA drivers seem to get in the way of this process early and often. If I hook it directly up to my TV, the NVIDIA drivers detect it properly.

I'm really frustrated. Why doesn't NVIDIA obey it's own settings? Why doesn't NVIDIA detect my monitor through the switch box like Windows does?

I'm using the latest drivers (181.71).

Any ideas on how I can force the screen resolution and position to stay at a fixed setting?

With kind regard,
Clifton

clifgriffin
03-07-09, 11:08 AM
No one has any ideas?

XDanger
03-07-09, 11:13 AM
Cant you avoid using the switcher box, It seems to be the source of the hassle.

bacon12
03-07-09, 03:34 PM
I ran into issue with the resolution being borked when launching a couple of apps in 7. Its a beta, and the drivers aren't there yet.

AStaley
03-11-09, 02:56 AM
It could be a permissions thing and the settings not writting back correctly. Try going into the Windows Control Panel and holding shift then right click on the Nvidia Control panel and select run as Admin.

AStaley.