PDA

View Full Version : No USB ports work?!

DansFace
03-09-09, 11:59 AM
My works office computer was left on over the weekend...came back in.. and none of the USB ports work at all

We had a horrible wind storm.. but the computer is on a good surge protector. It boots fine just won't see any usb devices and as far as I can tell no power coming out of them
PS2 keyboard and mouse work fine

any ideas?
blown psu?

hokeyplyr48
03-09-09, 12:26 PM
or the motherboard could be having problems. The USB might have died on the motherboard (ports on back and USB headers) I had a board do that about a year or two ago and had to RMA it. But other things were dying as well like LAN ports and such.

for a quickfix, just get a PCI card with USB plugs??

Bman212121
03-11-09, 04:23 PM
My works office computer was left on over the weekend...came back in.. and none of the USB ports work at all

We had a horrible wind storm.. but the computer is on a good surge protector. It boots fine just won't see any usb devices and as far as I can tell no power coming out of them
PS2 keyboard and mouse work fine

any ideas?
blown psu?

Is it an HP? We have a problem where the computer goes to sleep, but when you want to wake it back up all of the ports stop working. What I do is turn off the pc, pull the power plug out of the back of the pc, unplug all of the usb devices. Then plug the usb stuff back in, and then plug the power back in. After I boot the computer back up then everything works again.