PDA

View Full Version : More Pc Gaming love from Capcom!

MaxFX
03-09-09, 03:23 PM
http://www.videogamer.com/news/capcom_and_pc_gaming.html

It's a long read, heck havent finished it myself but as allways Capcom simply rules these days, as i often say, they blow many Pc only devs out of the water and they starting to be synonym with just Pc gaming and who could have thought that!

A console devloper that now every Pc gamer just loves and its not hard to when they bring out quality realeases like they have.

All love to them and best of luck, you plain and simply rocks guys/girls :D

Quote!
VideoGamer.com: Looking at Capcom's record on the PC in recent times, when you have brought games to the PC that have been on consoles, it's usually after the console versions have already been released. How much of an issue is that?

CS: That is definitely an issue. Syncing release dates is a challenge. What's funny is, I don't know if you saw actually on my blog a couple of days ago somebody somewhere started spouting off that we were holding back PC releases due to the impact of piracy, which is a completely absurd and pointless statement. Piracy exists regardless of when I release it. The objective is obviously to keep the window as close to a simultaneous release as possible to benefit from a significantly larger marketing footprint. So the accusation that we were delaying things due to piracy impact is silly.

crainger
03-09-09, 03:29 PM
So they have been releasing PC games for the past year or so. WHAT WAS GOING ON BEFORE THAT?! SF3? That crummy REIV port! They are only just making up for it. Next year we can sing their praises.

Thread close please. ::p:

|MaguS|
03-09-09, 03:43 PM
You'll love them untill they slip up once and you will bash them till your face turns blue because thats how quick you are to backstab.

Man I remember how quickly they attacked Valve for Steams Launch or the HL2 delays... and now they love them untill they delay Episode 3...

ralinn
03-09-09, 03:49 PM
You'll love them untill they slip up once and you will bash them till your face turns blue because thats how quick you are to backstab.

Man I remember how quickly they attacked Valve for Steams Launch or the HL2 delays... and now they love them untill they delay Episode 3...

Seconded.

crainger
03-09-09, 03:51 PM
That's us PC Gamers |MagNuS|. No alliegences. All the choice for hardware does that to you. Lucas Arts I loved you. Now WTF ARE YOU DOING?! FU FU FU!

Except CDProjeckckt. Love those guys. Unless you release a 360 Witcher... What?! FU FU FU FU!

MaxFX
03-09-09, 03:52 PM
Yeah i know ppl are fast to judge and even I have done the same as we are not perfect so sometimes we just bitc. before thinking. thats what they say Pc gamers are passionate and I might add. sometimes = dumbness :D

Anyway Capcom have done wonder I think. im really impressed and most seems to be. they give us good, optimized games so what more can we ask for.

BTW, earlier it wasent campcom themself who did the ports and he says that it was so so and he means thats why RE4 and bla bla those games sucked.

Obviously their own ports or one should say multiplattform games witch it's at now DO NOT SUCKS as everyone knows!

crainger
03-09-09, 03:57 PM
They should have done REIV themselves. They could have stopped it! They could have stopped it!

VIMS!

|MaguS|
03-09-09, 03:59 PM
Obviously their own ports or one should say multiplattform games witch it's at now DO NOT SUCKS as everyone knows!

You clearly haven't played many of their games, most of their earlier titles were poorly ported over (and yes the ones they did). Only since moving to their new engine that all their recent games share have their ports been good.

MaxFX
03-09-09, 04:03 PM
eeh okay I dident know they have ported games earlier themself. but if it's so then yeep a crappy job they have done as they dident seem to care about Pc games before.

But great they do it know as they know they only can benefit from it. crappy ports is yesterdays news one can hope, from any devs so just damn listening and do the right thing and BTW most of capcoms games I have only played on consoles before :D

crainger
03-09-09, 05:06 PM
I can understand staggered releases though. To port to PC can be expensive, getting the console version out first is the best way to get a few bucks to help the PC along and prepare any patches.

NaitoSan
03-09-09, 05:31 PM
Yeah, and sometimes I don't think people do understand how things work. Releasing console first doesn't mean they're trying to keep PC gaming from growing, they actually trying to get some income from console sale so they can release a polished PC port.

SH64
03-09-09, 05:41 PM
Bring RE5 to PC ... NOW!

MaxFX
03-09-09, 05:42 PM
yepp yepp yepp + + + thats what I think to :)
better for all of us in the end and for themself!

saturnotaku
03-09-09, 05:45 PM
eeh okay I dident know they have ported games earlier themself. but if it's so then yeep a crappy job they have done as they dident seem to care about Pc games before.

It is not, nor has it ever been, about caring for PC games/gaming/gamers. It's about money. Neither Capcom, nor EA, nor Ubisoft, nor even Valve for that matter cares. Sure, they might talk like they do, but it's always about providing a solid revenue stream that will hopefully prove to be profitable. Capcom might put more care and attention into their ports (of late, anyway), and they could certainly have seen strong sales as a result. But the bottom line remains the same, if a publisher feels they can profit from a PC port of something, it will be made.

MaxFX
03-09-09, 05:50 PM
I can see your point there and agree to some extent. okey there is devlopers that are pc gamers and do care about the pc I think but of course money rules thats how it allways been and ppl must have cash to put food in the table!

K007
03-10-09, 04:33 AM
well re4 to be fair came from ubisoft not really a port from capcom

crainger
03-10-09, 05:23 AM
well re4 to be fair came from ubisoft not really a port from capcom

Capcom let it happen. They could have stopped it! Yet they let the abomination be birthed and didn't put it down while they could. Now look what they have. One of the worst ports in the history of man. I heard Velvet played it. Now all he can manage is Peggle... PEGGLE! FU CAPCOM FU!

K007
03-10-09, 06:25 AM
well tbh after patch it was pretty solid, i finished the game and enjoyed it and i am glad i got the chance to play it on pc.