PDA

View Full Version : Unable to click certain areas of the screen

tomb18
03-11-09, 08:19 AM
I have run into a problem with Vista 64 where I am unabler to click or select certain areas of the screen. Nothing happens. This affects the top left corner and is a strip around 1" by 4". I also have a section near the bottom center of the screen again about the same size.
This appears intermittently but once it happens I have to reboot. It is quite frustrating since I cannot scroll windows for example, or select menu items such as File or Edit.
Now, this happens on any system it appears. I had it before with my 680i board, andf now again with a fresh vista install on my core i7 system.
A friend of mine has exactly the same problem on his system which is a 650i. The only things in common are nvidia drivers. Also this has happened on different drivers from the 178 to the 182 series.
Anybody else see this? Is there a resolution?

ikjadoon
04-08-09, 08:33 PM
I have run into a problem with Vista 64 where I am unabler to click or select certain areas of the screen. Nothing happens. This affects the top left corner and is a strip around 1" by 4". I also have a section near the bottom center of the screen again about the same size.
This appears intermittently but once it happens I have to reboot. It is quite frustrating since I cannot scroll windows for example, or select menu items such as File or Edit.
Now, this happens on any system it appears. I had it before with my 680i board, andf now again with a fresh vista install on my core i7 system.
A friend of mine has exactly the same problem on his system which is a 650i. The only things in common are nvidia drivers. Also this has happened on different drivers from the 178 to the 182 series.
Anybody else see this? Is there a resolution?

Whoa. Freaky. Does this happen on all resolutions? You can "see" the part, right? Can the mouse actually move there or is it blocked off?

~Ibrahim~