PDA

View Full Version : Eat Lead: Return of Matt Hazard, anyone else played it?

saturnotaku
03-12-09, 08:09 AM
I had a couple days off work this week and decided to give this game a rent. Reviews on this title have been mediocre at best, and that's about what it deserves. There are some moments of true brilliance in the story and dialogue. Will Arnett and Neil Patrick Harris are excellent. Harris is especially good in his role. Most of the blatantly obvious satire is very well done. My favorite part was the battle against the Final Fantasy-esque boss.

All in all, the game is a serviceable 3rd-person shooter, but there was a lot of wasted potential here. The cover system is poorly implemented, there is no variety to the enemies, the frame rate is sluggish on the PS3, and some of the boss battles are incredibly frustrating. It can be easily finished over the course of a weekend, and it'd be a pretty cost-effective way to rack up trophies/achievements. Rent it, or wait until it hits the bargain bin.

|MaguS|
03-12-09, 08:44 AM
ill add it to my gamefly q, thanks for the heads up.

Mr. Hunt
03-12-09, 12:43 PM
Didn't know it was out... looked sort of fun... mindless fun... but fun anyway. And Will Arnetts voice ftw.