PDA

View Full Version : Wheelman on PC is good

Pages : [1] 2 3

Destroy
03-13-09, 03:54 PM
Dude has the game already...
PC VERSION

I must confess guys, I was totally dreading a Vin Diesel game, lol only a matter of time, however, I currently have the russian version installed, starforce protected so please dont accuse me of pirating, its pre-order, comes out 12th March in Russia.
And I gotta say,its pretty sweet, if you can forget the lead character lmao. Seriously It runs sweet on my q6600 4gb ram 8800gt sli rig 60fps all day long everything maxxed out @ 1680x1050 monitor max 4 x AA after much online translating the menu options lol. The graphics are nothing groundbreaking but do the job very nicely, couldnt figure out how to turn blur off, but thats a personal preference I guess. What makes this game shine is the CONTROL system believe it or not...ingenious for mouse/keyboard, I wont bore you with the specific details but trust me it works very very well ram with mouse or cursors, drive with space, wsad etc The 'jump' from car to car makes me laugh everytime, but I think its a bit overused and Ive only played about 2 hrs lol. But listen, Midway have got a possible GTAIV beater on their hands here, but obviously only single player If they release a demo defo try that first, but I think its actually quite good Bogatyr Thanks again for the advance copy if your reading this cheers dude. my screenie picture follows
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7378/wheelmanscreenies.jpg

|MaguS|
03-13-09, 04:19 PM
Still looks like crap.

Noriega
03-13-09, 04:26 PM
ps3 version is 1000 times better 4 sho!

Blade
03-13-09, 04:39 PM
They give this game away free with breakfast cereal, right?

The Who
03-13-09, 04:40 PM
Geez I'm tired of seeing your posts |MaguS|. It's no wonder nobody likes you. Congrats, your the first and only person added to my ignore list.

Blade
03-13-09, 04:42 PM
Hey add me too please!

Woot 555 posts.... spooky :)

|MaguS|
03-13-09, 04:44 PM
Geez I'm tired of seeing your posts |MaguS|. It's no wonder nobody likes you. Congrats, your the first and only person added to my ignore list.

Oh noes! Im on your ignore list, my life is meaningless!

Noriega, The PS3 version looks worse... what's your point? The game is gonna blow...

mailman2
03-13-09, 04:50 PM
ps3 version is 1000 times better 4 sho!

LAMO, the day any game looks better on a console than the PC.... will never come. (nana2)

JohnDio
03-13-09, 05:04 PM
I'm spoiled by Alarm For Cobra11: Crash Time 2 and these screenies look to me like PS2 shots :p

|MaguS|
03-13-09, 05:12 PM
LAMO, the day any game looks better on a console than the PC.... will never come. (nana2)

I would rather say it has come and gone... in the past they had some really bad ports to the PC that made games look worse then they should have.

crainger
03-13-09, 05:31 PM
Yeah. Like Tiger Woods. ::(: So cheated. 360 looked good. PC was a PS2 port. WTF!

Destroy
03-13-09, 06:45 PM
Since when does Magus care about graphics over gameplay? I must of missed the memo.

PeterJensen
03-13-09, 07:11 PM
I hope the game sells like 1 copy.....****ing crap game

mailman2
03-13-09, 07:16 PM
I would rather say it has come and gone... in the past they had some really bad ports to the PC that made games look worse then they should have.

I'm not talkin about crap ports though. I mean 100% PC games.

NarcissistZero
03-13-09, 07:20 PM
I hope the game sells like 1 copy.....****ing crap game

Have you played it?

I am hearing from many people I trust that the game is actually very fun. I'll probably hook my 360 back up this weekend and try it myself.

|MaguS|
03-13-09, 07:43 PM
Have you played it?

I am hearing from many people I trust that the game is actually very fun. I'll probably hook my 360 back up this weekend and try it myself.

Try it on the PS3, I think its available on the PSN aswell.

mailman2
03-13-09, 08:54 PM
Have you played it?

It looks like fun. All these Crysis idiots and the "its not Crysis" mentality has worn thin on the rest of us. Crysis looks great but was boring. Get over it already.

Just Cause looked rather crappy but was one of the most fun games I've ever played. Its not always about the eye candy.

The Who
03-13-09, 08:59 PM
Since when does Magus care about graphics over gameplay? I must of missed the memo.

Thats what bothers me most. I've seen enough of his blabbing and hypocritical posts. Here is a guy saying the game is good but may not look the best and the tool comes along promoting PS3 over PC. To each their own I guess, I'm just glad I'll never again even accidentally read part of his posts.

Destroy
03-13-09, 09:09 PM
Wasn't there a PSP game that did this 'air jack' move trick?

Edit: Searching some 360 forums this game does seem to be getting universal positive praise. Wish we knew more about how good/bad the PC port is.

|MaguS|
03-13-09, 09:39 PM
Thats what bothers me most. I've seen enough of his blabbing and hypocritical posts. Here is a guy saying the game is good but may not look the best and the tool comes along promoting PS3 over PC. To each their own I guess, I'm just glad I'll never again even accidentally read part of his posts.

Hey retard, I did not bring consoles into this thread...

And to Destroy, saying a game "looks like crap" does not directly mean graphics. I can mean that the game is crap... aka not good. Ever watch a movie trailer and say "dam that movie looks bad!"?

crainger
03-13-09, 10:47 PM
Ima try this. I mean we have one good Vin Diesel game. Why not another (That's not Rid****.)

Sobbsy
03-13-09, 10:55 PM
From the screenshots, the gameworld looks rather devoid of life... Dead, you might even say.

crainger
03-14-09, 01:11 AM
Yeah. I like my games real life with live people.

I'm gonna play some Dead Rising at the mall tomorrow.

methimpikehoses
03-14-09, 01:27 AM
Yeah. I like my games real life with live people.

I'm gonna play some Dead Rising at the mall tomorrow.

:thumbdwn:

crainger
03-14-09, 02:18 AM
It's fun meth. Try it.