PDA

View Full Version : Drivers - SLI - GTA 4

FrostSoulz
03-17-09, 05:43 PM
Hello everyone,
I just bought GTA 4 at the wallmart yesterday and i was shocked to find out that my 2xSLI GTX 280 wasnt working for that game. My Game is up to date, i installed the latest patches and i ran two GTA4 Benchmarks, one with SLI enable and another one with SLI disable and i keep getting the same results for both. I read some forum posts left and right on the internet and it does seem that i am not the only one experiecing this problem. Some users spoke about a miraculous 185.xx Release of forceware drivers but i am not quite sure if its for windows or linux ... ( or both maybe... ).

So there is my question : Does the current WHQL drivers 182.xx support SLI on GTA4, if not, is there any place i can get some Beta drivers that could solve my problems.

Thanks,

-= Frosty =-

mailman2
03-17-09, 06:00 PM
GTA IV is highly CPU limited. A quad fares better than any dual core regardless of speed. What CPU are you using, more than likely SLI is working but they are CPU limited in GTA IV.

FrostSoulz
03-17-09, 06:02 PM
I am running GTA4 on my core i7 2.6 @OC 3.4ghz

saturnotaku
03-17-09, 06:47 PM
Make sure you don't have all the in-game settings maxed out. Those are put in place for some hypothetical computer that doesn't exist yet. Turn down draw distance first and see if that helps.

FrostSoulz
03-17-09, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the quick answers guys,

but any of you are really answering my question.... i am running GTA 4 fine...i'm always over 60fps without any prob... this is not a performance issue... i only askied if there is a better driver released for the game, mainly because i havent seen any difference with SLI Enabled or not...

Thanks,

-= Frosty =-

JasonPC
03-17-09, 08:36 PM
The game just doesn't make good use of SLI no matter what drivers you use. It's just not optimized for it. Probably because of CPU bottleneck (no matter what CPU you have).

newls1
03-18-09, 06:57 PM
The game is a result of a terrible "PORT". I would expect a patch from the makers of the game in months, and even that might not even improve performance. They will more then likely say NVIDIA needs to add proper SLi support to there drivers.

Anzial
04-29-09, 09:09 PM
Installed the game recently and apparently, SLI is working in it! I didn't check with the bar but both GPUs are heating up when the game is running, sure sign they are both engaged. I guess 1.3 patch and 182.06 work!

LBJM
05-15-09, 04:46 PM
Installed the game recently and apparently, SLI is working in it! I didn't check with the bar but both GPUs are heating up when the game is running, sure sign they are both engaged. I guess 1.3 patch and 182.06 work!

That's not true. just because both gpus heat up doesn't mean they are both being used. I have this happen with badaboom media encoder( which does not support SLI) and media playback in vista x64.

SLippe
05-25-09, 06:43 AM
How 'bout turning on the green SLI bar and see if it shows up!

Quick420
06-21-09, 03:58 PM
Yes turn on the sli bar,very easy to do:headexplode: