PDA

View Full Version : H.A.W.X. Out on Steam

Pages : [1] 2

v3rninater
03-18-09, 06:52 PM
Apparently it got released, so I'm gonna wait and see what others say about it before I swipe it up.

http://hawxgame.us.ubi.com/

XP_GUN
03-18-09, 09:30 PM
ill be buying it tonight when I get home :D

ill let you know if its any good later.

hokeyplyr48
03-18-09, 09:31 PM
well thank god it crashes on startup....

bob saget
03-18-09, 10:23 PM

lol

Crow_Nest
03-18-09, 10:28 PM
I still have to wait another week or so, damn. :(

XP_GUN
03-18-09, 10:28 PM

really lol why I thought they delayed it to fix thoughs reasons? Unless it was one of the omg Pirating....

methimpikehoses
03-18-09, 10:38 PM
The demo is okay, but I will probably wait for a weekend sale...

Bigbuck
03-19-09, 10:25 AM
There was a 1.01 patch released but I don't know if it was released on Steam. There is however a copy of it for digital downloads.

http://wordpress.team-havoc.com/?p=453

K-1
03-19-09, 10:54 AM
Picked it up; having a lot of fun with the game. Very smooth performance (in DX9 at least) and very stable except there seems to be crashes associated with the multiplayer lobby.

Played for a couple hours last night in both single and multi and had two crashes while accessing the multiplayer. When it worked however, multiplayer was a real blast; missiles everywhere, planes twisting and turning. Unfortunately doesn't seem to have dedicated server support (like most console ports), but I didn't notice any problems with lag. You can actually see the pings of the servers you join instead of some damn system of green bars, and I was able to find low ping servers pretty easily, even hosted a few games myself with no problems.

I'd been itching for some Ace Combat style action on the PC and HAWX fits the bill nicely.

Roliath
03-19-09, 11:37 AM
Picked it up; having a lot of fun with the game. Very smooth performance (in DX9 at least) and very stable except there seems to be crashes associated with the multiplayer lobby.

DX9 is true, when running the game in dx10 I would get stutters and some funky thing was going on with the textures.

I haven't messed with it too much, but I finished the first 2 missions without issue (in dx9) can you co-op the entire game?

K-1
03-19-09, 11:50 AM
DX9 is true, when running the game in dx10 I would get stutters and some funky thing was going on with the textures.

I haven't messed with it too much, but I finished the first 2 missions without issue (in dx9) can you co-op the entire game?

Ah, yeah you can! Forgot to mention the co-op; friend and I went through a couple missions together and it was good fun, especially since we were on ventrillo together. Don't know if the game had a built in VoIP or not, but I don't think it does.

|MaguS|
03-19-09, 12:13 PM
oooh it has coop? SOLD!

mailman2
03-19-09, 01:31 PM

Yea, DX10 is laughable to me anymore. When they say DX10 support, they might as well be advertising it as "suck mode included". I just pray that they keep DX9 support so I can actually play through the game.

hell_of_doom227
03-19-09, 05:58 PM
How do you lunch this game in DX10.0 mode over STEAM?

slivski
03-19-09, 07:12 PM
Hawx has an ingame voice chat, not sure how to use it yet (I use teamspeak), but it is there. And yes, you can go through the entire game in online coop with some buddies = fun fun :D

NarcissistZero
03-19-09, 07:18 PM
How do you lunch this game in DX10.0 mode over STEAM?

Usually you can just double-click the DX10 exe with Steam open in the background and it will work. If it does not, rename the DX10 exe the name of the DX9 exe, then remove the DX9 exe or name it something stupid and Steam will launch the DX10 one without knowing better.

hell_of_doom227
03-19-09, 08:08 PM
There is no DX10.exe in STEAM. I had to download from retail and worked, what a morons.

NarcissistZero
03-19-09, 08:19 PM
There is no DX10.exe in STEAM. I had to download from retail and worked, what a morons.

Weird... Steam has done that before though. There is no Crysis 64 bit exe in the Steam version, for example.

Crow_Nest
03-19-09, 09:46 PM
There was a 1.01 patch released but I don't know if it was released on Steam. There is however a copy of it for digital downloads.

http://wordpress.team-havoc.com/?p=453

Great. Since the patch for the retail version has to be downloaded and installed manually, that means this game doesnt require steam to play. (nana2)

hell_of_doom227
03-20-09, 12:00 AM
Great. Since the patch for the retail version has to be downloaded and installed manually, that means this game doesnt require steam to play. (nana2)

None of these patches work. Retail will say that there is no game installed. Digital will say that you have retail, what a bull****.

v3rninater
03-20-09, 11:58 PM
More realistically how is the game though? Is it worth my time and money!?

Crow_Nest
03-21-09, 12:01 PM
None of these patches work. Retail will say that there is no game installed. Digital will say that you have retail, what a bull****.

Just got the retail game today. Patch installed just fine and game runs perfectly.

I can unlock the so called exclusive plane with the unlock code on a sheet of paper. But i cannot unlock the rest using the codes i found online. Im using the 360 controller to do this, none of them work. Is it even possible to unlock them for the PC? My friend was able to unlock all the exclusive planes with the unlock codes found online, he's got the PS3 version. It'll be total bull**** if you cant unlock the planes on the PC.

NarcissistZero
03-21-09, 12:08 PM
They probably have different codes for different platforms?

Crow_Nest
03-21-09, 12:11 PM
Yeah they do. Found them all, just tried it works perfectly. :) I'll post them here so you guys can unlock them as well.

These exclusive planes are all lies anyway. I bought the game from a retail game store and it came with the unlock code for the F22B when its supposed to be a gamestop pre order exclusive.

https://www.mi80.com/blog/thehailo/HAWX-Pre-Order-Plane-Unlock-Codes

GameStop exclusive FB-22 Strike Raptor:

360: (HOLD LT) RB, X, RB, X, RB, Y
PS3: (HOLD L2) R1, square, R1, square, R1, triangle
PC: (HOLD SHIFT) D, X, D, X, D, Q

Here's the Best Buy unlock code; still trying to come up with the GameCrazy code.

Best Buy F/A-18 HARV:
360: (HOLD LT) LB, Y, LB, Y, LB, X
PS3: (HOLD L2) L1, triangle, L1, triangle, L1, square
PC: (HOLD SHIFT) A, Q, A, Q, A, X

Finally found the GameCrazy Code.

A-12 Avenger II
360: (HOLD LT) X, LB, X, RB, Y, X
PS3: (HOLD L2) square, L1, square, R1, triangle, square
PC: (HOLD SHIFT) X, A, X, D, Q, X

These all must be entered while viewing your hanger.

|MaguS|
03-26-09, 09:48 AM
Anyone know if the retail game will tie into Steam?