PDA

View Full Version : The Last Remnant

H3avyM3tal
03-19-09, 07:43 AM
I didn't know this one is for PC aswell as the 360. Since I don't have a 360, I am wondering how this game is on PC? Is it worth getting?

Medion
03-19-09, 07:57 AM
From what I've read, and not played, it was an average to above average console RPG with some technical issues. If you prefer console RPGs, there are few on the PC, so it might be worth getting. However, keep in mind that Square has a horrid record with PC ports, even with games that didn't have issues on the consoles. I'd cautiously wait on some reviews for the PC version.

|MaguS|
03-19-09, 09:09 AM
The Demo wasn't bad. Im actually gonna get it on Steam when it releases since I wanted to give the game a shot but I heard it was a technical mess on the X360.

AdamK47
03-19-09, 10:48 AM
I played the demo. JRPGs tend to turn me off with their cutesy characters and their over the top actions. I was coming off of a play through of The Witcher. The Last Remnant was disappointing and a little annoying coming off of the badassery that is The Witcher.

|MaguS|
03-19-09, 10:55 AM
I played the demo. JRPGs tend to turn me off with their cutesy characters and their over the top actions. I was coming off of a play through of The Witcher. The Last Remnant was disappointing and a little annoying coming off of the badassery that is The Witcher.

That's how we do it. Compare two completely different games and styles...

NaitoSan
03-19-09, 11:04 AM
I got The Last Remnant on 360 for like, $20. So far, it's different and I thought it was okay. I installed it on HDD and it fixed many technical problems. The game didn't really get me into it like Lost Odyssey.

I would wait until it's on sale. It's not kind of RPG you would expect.

EDIT: Wow wtf, I didn't even bother to proof read my post.

jeffmd
03-19-09, 11:18 AM
If you primarily play PC rpgs, it will be pretty different. I havn't playd it on console, but I am abit of a JRPG fan (final fantasy, xenosaga, chrono trigger) as well as MMOs on PC (EQ, WoW, Guild Wars). I plan to get it as there really is nothing like it on PC.

You will also note that while I did not list witcher, it doesn't mean I havn't played it. I was not as impressed with witcher and its badassery as some others. I have higher hopes for reminant, but only cause I usually find Japanese RPGs have far better single player story lines then any American games.

AdamK47
03-19-09, 12:10 PM
That's how we do it. Compare two completely different games and styles...

I could have just said JRPGs suck. It's a fact. I read it on a Google search.