PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3 sucks

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tygerwoody
03-19-09, 09:05 AM
There. I said it. Its not as bad as the Wii, but its pretty pointless. Sure there are a small handful of decent games for the PS3... but thats it. Just a handful. I just signed up for a 30 day free pass to gamefly, and you know I couldn't find a single game in stock that I was interested in? Not a single one. The only two games I was "kinda" interested in were Afro Samurai and Resident Evil 5. Even those games I could surely live without. Meanwhile, Sir Breaksalot 360 has tons of good games.

This generation of consoles is the worst in history. The best gaming console dies by merely looking at it. The most sold console is gimmicky and boring. And the "all in one entertainment center" PS3 is basically a glorified BluRay player that has the ability to play a few games(very few) . Literally the only 2 fun games I've played on the PS3 thus far are PixelJunk Monsters and Metal Gear Solid.

I regret wasting my time and money on these terrible consoles. Back to PC gaming for me.

Marvel_us
03-19-09, 09:13 AM
Yea, maybe you should stick to PC gaming because right now I've been playing Killzone 2 and SF4. I bought RE5 and haven't even played it yet because I've been playing those two games so much. Those are all games that came out within the last month or so.

Ninjaman09
03-19-09, 09:18 AM
no u

Anyway I do agree this is by far the worst console generation since the 8-bit era. My PS3 is used solely as a Blu-Ray player as well. :p

|MaguS|
03-19-09, 09:27 AM
Having tons of fun with Demon's Souls. :o

Noriega
03-19-09, 09:29 AM
PS3 sucks!

the air cause it has cooler

newparad1gm
03-19-09, 09:41 AM
I think the reason why I picked up a PS3 is because I'm so heavy into PC gaming, so I found the 360, and the fact that most games for it are cross-released or show up at some point on the PC, completely redundant for me. So I picked up a PS3 because it had the real system exclusives I was interested in (MGS4, KZ2, Valkyria Chronicles, MLB The Show 09).

ViN86
03-19-09, 09:45 AM
i cant complain. i still have a bunch of games i need to either start or finish on PS3...

Burnout Paradise (working on Class A License)
GTA:IV (working my way through it slowly)
MGS4 (haven't even started yet)
LBP (working through it)
Resistance (have 3 missions left)
Resistance 2 (haven't started yet)

H3avyM3tal
03-19-09, 09:53 AM
I strongly disagree.
To each their own you know. I find the PS3 to satisfy my console gaming needs and my PC to satisfy my, errr, other needs :p
Seriously though, I love the PS3 :)

BioHazZarD
03-19-09, 10:44 AM
sucks ? more like opposite u silly 360 fanboy, u can have it as a complete mediacenter.

Zelda_fan
03-19-09, 10:47 AM
no u

Anyway I do agree this is by far the worst console generation since the 8-bit era. My PS3 is used solely as a Blu-Ray player as well. :p

Are you kidding me the 8bit consoles were ****ing awesome.

Mario Bros 1, 2, & 3?

Zelda 1 & II?

Dragon Warrior series?

And what about Link's Awakening on the gameboy. One of the greatest games of all time I don't care if it's black and white.

not as good as the SNES but still damn awesome.

Except for the Nintendo DS (and maybe like 3 games on the Wii) this generation of consoles is the worst ever.

Zelda_fan
03-19-09, 10:48 AM
sucks ? more like opposite u silly 360 fanboy, u can have it as a complete mediacenter.

The Ps3 is a worthless pile of ****. I've been saying this since day 1.

oMG iTZ uH cUMPL3T3 m3DIA c3NTER!!!! nERRRR!

lawl

|MaguS|
03-19-09, 10:52 AM
The Ps3 is a worthless pile of ****. I've been saying this since day 1.

lawl

I would say that award goes to the dust collector called the Wii. Thank god for Madworld... if it weren't for it, it would have been a year since the last good Wii title release.

Zelda_fan
03-19-09, 10:54 AM
I see |MaguS| is online.

Expect some serious *****ing in 3... 2... 1...

Zelda_fan
03-19-09, 10:55 AM
I would say that award goes to the dust collector called the Wii. Thank god for Madworld... if it weren't for it, it would have been a year since the last good Wii title release.

lol did i call it or not?

and yeah man, smash bros brawl sucked balls... o wait

|MaguS|
03-19-09, 10:57 AM

It does. The entire series sucked balls and and thank you for proving my point... that game released over a year from now... which was my point, nothing since then came into your mind as a quality title.

You fail, like usual.

Zelda_fan
03-19-09, 11:03 AM
my bad i thought it came out last November. I'm thinking of World of Goo.

oh yeah, de Blob, and Okami were also good. Also that one game by spielburg.

lol MaguS I see you're still a complete sony shill. You tow their horse **** products 100%.

DiscipleDOC
03-19-09, 11:05 AM
You two kids get a closet.

I love my ps3. I love my pc games.

|MaguS|
03-19-09, 11:07 AM
While the PS3 isn't perfect but the amount of quality titles released for the system is far greater then that of the Wii. Again you go an list titles that released a year ago, only title that didn't is World of Goo which also released on the PC.

Zelda_fan
03-19-09, 11:15 AM
right,

that's why the Wii's outselling the PS3 over 2:1. Just call it clever marketing and gimmicks. That's all it takes to sell 50 million units.

|MaguS|
03-19-09, 11:24 AM
right,

that's why the Wii's outselling the PS3 over 2:1. Just call it clever marketing and gimmicks. That's all it takes to sell 50 million units.

Thats right, Look at who's buying the system. Not gamers like us but rather younger kids and people who just want to use it as an activity not play things were interested in. Which is why you see very few actually good software on the system since its all about the gimic and "party" value.

I don't care how many consoles they sell worldwide, that doesn't change the fact that the software library is absolute **** like the Gamecubes and N64's were... Nintendo just learned how to market the console better not support it better on the software end. I don't see why you or I should care how many million they sell; especially when theres so little for you and I to play on our hardware investment. Atleast with the PS3 I can say I recieved my moneys worth.

jeffmd
03-19-09, 11:26 AM
Zelda, Wii outsells everyone because its system cost a helluva lot less, the nunchuck IS a clever gimmick, and it does have games that favor the younger and older casual crowd (making it the perfect baby sitter). Also the younger crowd is more likely to have a DS so it works together with that. That said, the Wii has no games that any serious gamer would consider a must have, and the percentage of owners who have bought one and then are left with a console they don't play anymore due to lack of good games is higher then the other 2. Most people buying an xbox360 and PS3 knew what kind of games they were getting into and were not dissapointed. The same cannot be said for the wii.

Xbox360 and PS3 each have a respectable list of A titles now, although the PS3 dosn't have any kind of lead that would warrant its much higher price tag, nore is its online as robust as xbox so its pretty self explanatory why its in 3rd place.

I also dont see things changing anytime soon. I laughed at the latest quote that PS3 will explode in popularity this year. With the worsening economy, the very last thing people are going to do is run out and buy expensive consoles.

H3avyM3tal
03-19-09, 11:29 AM
Lol Zelda you funny little elf. Grow a pair and drop the nerd lord teenage kid attitude already.

lawl

Do you have any idea how this looks like?

Edit:
BTW, I think the PS3 has been outselling the Wii for 4 weeks in a row in japan, no?

Lfctony
03-19-09, 11:44 AM
Since I got my new TV I didn't even put the Wii sensor-bar on it. Don't want to stain it... I also invested on a new cloth to cover and decorate the Wii. It's a good investment, blocks a lot of the dust too. Two for the price of one...

Hex
03-19-09, 01:30 PM
Killzone 2, Valkyria Chronicles, Little Big Planet, Street Fighter 4, Pixel Junk Eden, Siren, MGS4 and many others say no...

Hex
03-19-09, 01:33 PM

It does.

But I am sure that you can go enjoy all of the little on rails shooter spin offs and psp ports and hand me downs that keep coming to the wii.