PDA

View Full Version : No audio but card/speakers test ok

grey_1
03-20-09, 05:41 AM
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

P5E with Supreme X-fi and latest drivers. This was working fine until yesterday. Everything tests fine, tone and all, but I get no sounds in games/movies/music..any format and the only solution I can find on the web is to reinstall vista.

I've reinstalled drivers twice, tried every config that I've used on this before and nothing.

Any help guys? Thanks in advance!

hell_of_doom227
03-20-09, 09:49 AM
I had same problem with evga x58 and Xi-Fi Extreme Gaming. Everything looked fine but no sound, didn't do anything special but just rebooted system twice and since then everything is ok. Can you move sound card to different PCI slot. I suppose all cables are connected correctly.

grey_1
03-20-09, 11:40 AM
I had same problem with evga x58 and Xi-Fi Extreme Gaming. Everything looked fine but no sound, didn't do anything special but just rebooted system twice and since then everything is ok. Can you move sound card to different PCI slot. I suppose all cables are connected correctly.

It's actually a daughter card bundled with the mobo. Just quit working in apps, but tests ok in windows. Thanks for the reply.