PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne III -Official -

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

alitayyab
03-23-09, 08:51 AM
Word from rockstar:

"We're starting a new chapter of Max's life with this game. This is Max as we've never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever. We experience the downward spiral of his life after the events of Max Payne 2 and witness his last chance for salvation."

Platforms: PC, Xbox and PS3
ETA: winter.

Link (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/23/max-payne-3-coming-to-xbox-360-ps3-pc-this-winter/)

:dance:

Winter is not that far away
(apologies if this has already been posted. )

Ywap
03-23-09, 09:15 AM
Well, that is some very sweet news :dance:

TheANIMAL
03-23-09, 09:16 AM
:dance: Hot Damn

alitayyab
03-23-09, 09:20 AM
I dont think remedy is doing this, unless they're working on this and on alan wake.
If its being done in-house (at rockstar) it should be good i am sure

and i hope the pc version is more than just a console bastard!

|MaguS|
03-23-09, 09:24 AM
I dont think remedy is doing this, unless they're working on this and on alan wake.
If its being done in-house (at rockstar) it should be good i am sure

and i hope the pc version is more than just a console bastard!

Because the previous versons clearly showed that they lowered the standards for the consoles...

If the game is anything lesser then the original two then the blame falls squarely on Rockstar... not the platforms.

ralinn
03-23-09, 09:26 AM
Yes, it didn't seem like consoles affected Max Payne and Max Payne 2 at all. I have them both for PC and love them to death. :))

tornadog
03-23-09, 09:39 AM
Loved Max Payne 1 to death. Beat it 2 times and felt satisfied to see the game end. Tried to get into Max Payne 2 but could never get past the feeling of been here done that as soon as I started the first warehouse level. Even tried last year when the movie came out to get a feel for the story. Still didnt get it. And after watching the movie, I have buried the name Max Payne among my treasured but painful memories!!!!

CaptNKILL
03-23-09, 10:23 AM
This is great news.

I just hope they're shooting for cutting edge graphics and sound with this one, as that was a big part of what made the other two so interesting. The story was great, the gameplay was solid (though fairly simple) but the graphics and sound really sucked you into the world. The slow motion and bullet time stunts wouldn't have been nearly as impressive if the game didn't look so realistic (at the time).

alitayyab
03-23-09, 10:29 AM
considering how most recently released games seems to have a theme going (consoles first) like FEAR 2, i can only hope the developers keep their focus on pc as a discrete platform.

S.I.N
03-23-09, 11:40 AM
I could have sworn Payne III was already announced. Either way great news.

Absolution
03-23-09, 11:58 AM
Spoiler:

Didn't he get shot . . . in the head at the end of Max Payne II?

Suhnder
03-23-09, 12:13 PM
Near the end. He got patched up at a hospital.

alitayyab
03-23-09, 01:19 PM
the end credits also said something along the lines of
"Max Paynes Journey into the night continues"

it could've been darkness instead of night.

HiCZoK4
03-23-09, 01:24 PM
My most memorable sentence from any games are:

Max Payne - "I had a dream of my wife... She was dead... but it was allright"

NarcissistZero
03-23-09, 02:25 PM
Great news.

Rockstar announcing PC at the same time as the console release is odd for them, and probably an indication they know this is a popular PC series and are treating it with respect.

ASUSEN7900GTX
03-23-09, 02:56 PM
alan wake isnīt even finished and noīw they devlop MP III why? i mean why isnīt alan wake done yet did they skip it and start on P III ?

NarcissistZero
03-23-09, 03:06 PM
alan wake isnīt even finished and noīw they devlop MP III why? i mean why isnīt alan wake done yet did they skip it and start on P III ?

Alan Wake is being made by Remedy.

Max Payne 3 is being made by Rockstar Games.

Banko
03-23-09, 07:28 PM
Hopefully Rockstar can make a decent Max Payne.

crainger
03-24-09, 12:06 AM
Spoiler:

Didn't he get shot . . . in the head at the end of Max Payne II?

Yah. Max is slowly dying just like Mona. This IS his last chance at salvation like they said.

jAkUp
03-24-09, 12:22 AM
Best news all day!

Mr. Hunt
03-24-09, 12:35 AM
Hoping it doesn't suck... the first 2 are 2 of my favorite games... if they screw this one up, I might kill myself :(.

nutcrackr
03-24-09, 01:53 AM
where's mona.

hope she's hawt.

so very very hot

crainger
03-24-09, 02:33 AM
where's mona.

hope she's hawt.

so very very hot

Please MP2 and report back. Don't think she'll be back.

nutcrackr
03-24-09, 02:49 AM
Please MP2 and report back. Don't think she'll be back.

please mp2 on hardest and report back.

(nana2)

K007
03-24-09, 03:28 AM
loved first, never had the chance to play 2. I can't wait for it, i hope they change nothing and just update the engine and keep that great story line they did with the first one.

The movie was ok, i was really disappointed by the way the story was told and with like 1 bullet time effect scene.