PDA

View Full Version : can you guys help me out?

nakedgirl2003
06-08-03, 01:10 PM
Does overclocking your processor really make that much of a difference? I have a new processor, an AMD 2700, and it won't work with my motherboard, which is a microstar something, which worked with my Pentium 3. Well, I have been told to get either an Abit nfs #2 or an Asus af78x deluxe, and that both are 400mhz, and that both have good sound. Will these be good choices? Do I have to overclock something since my processor is 2700mhz? I was told I could get a lot more performance out of it that way.

Which motherboard is the most reliable and which is the best?

jAkUp
06-08-03, 01:21 PM
well since you are a naked girl.... i will give my very best advice:D :D :D

as for overclocking... no, you do not need to overclock anything... just plug your chip in... etc. 2700 is by far fast enough, i mean if you wanted to overclock you could, but you dont really need to.

and as for the best motherboard, i recommend any nforce2... those are the best amd motherboards out there. and those two you listed are both good choices.

The Baron
06-08-03, 01:46 PM
Grab the NF7-S 2.0 from Newegg. It won't do you wrong.

digitalwanderer
06-08-03, 02:33 PM
I just do. Based on the name and trying to use an AMD cpu in an Intel board. :rolleyes:

Who are you really? You went a LEEETLE too much over the top on your first post...you should have just said you had the new Barton and it didn't work in your mobo and had us draw the fact out of you that it was an Intel board. ;)

silence
06-08-03, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
I just do. Based on the name and trying to use an AMD cpu in an Intel board. :rolleyes:

Who are you really? You went a LEEETLE too much over the top on your first post...you should have just said you had the new Barton and it didn't work in your mobo and had us draw the fact out of you that it was an Intel board. ;)

*cough* barton 2700 *cough*.........

/me thinks someone needs to check few things about AMD CPU before posting ;)

as for questions :
1) AMD CPU can't work on pentium MoBo
2) both ABIT and ASUS are great products,i am getting ABIT this week
3) no need to overclock ur new CPU

one more thing.....AMD 2700+ isn't clocked @ 2700 MHz...it's clocked lower and that designation is used so u can compere it with Intel offering at that speed. both CPUs are good and it all depends what u like more.

/me buys AMD always :cool:

digitalwanderer
06-08-03, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by silence
*cough* barton 2700 *cough*.........

/me thinks someone needs to check few things about AMD CPU before posting ;)
Uhm...yeah.

Well, I've only used Intel! :p

I blame it on society and over-whelming PR pressures... :bleh: