PDA

View Full Version : Back to pc :D

Pages : [1] 2

HiCZoK4
03-23-09, 02:36 PM
I am a pc gamer for 13 years. And Almost year ago I bought a 360 and It was quite fun so I stopped playing on pc. month ago my 360 died(becouse of my fault) and I noticed that the way I really enjoy gaming is on pc. I always hated consoles but gave them a try but after all its not "that". I admit, its fun and simple in use but I like pc freedom and just the feeling more. (Still GTA4 on 360 is great!):D:captnkill:
Anyway. I started using my rig for gaming again and after almost a year with 360 I noticed how great it feels with mouse+kb and how much graphics are better with good aa and af.
I must say Its true that you miss things after time.

So I passed Cryostasis and Mirrors edge recently. And I am thinking what to go for next?
Becouse of screenshots section I think about Vampire the Masquarade Bloodlines. Remember I tried it when it came out and it was awful.

Anyway... Any propositions?

nekrosoft13
03-23-09, 02:40 PM
Vampire the Masquarade Bloodlines is one of the best games in history it was released in rather buggy state, but after all the community patches it is in very good state now.

go for it ;)

mailman2
03-23-09, 02:43 PM
I am a pc gamer for 13 years. And Almost year ago I bought a 360 and It was quite fun so I stopped playing on pc. month ago my 360 died(becouse of my fault) and I noticed that the way I really enjoy gaming is on pc. I always hated consoles but gave them a try but after all its not "that". I admit, its fun and simple in use but I like pc freedom and just the feeling more. (Still GTA4 on 360 is great!):D:captnkill:
Anyway. I started using my rig for gaming again and after almost a year with 360 I noticed how great it feels with mouse+kb and how much graphics are better with good aa and af.
I must say Its true that you miss things after time.

So I passed Cryostasis and Mirrors edge recently. And I am thinking what to go for next?
Becouse of screenshots section I think about Vampire the Masquarade Bloodlines. Remember I tried it when it came out and it was awful.

Anyway... Any propositions?

So what is it like to work through a year long temporary lobotomy? My kids use the 360, I consider it a toy. Graphics are nothing next to my PC and controlling shooters with a 360 controller is too hard imo.

NarcissistZero
03-23-09, 03:33 PM
I do this all the time.

For me it's not so much that consoles are easier... they are, but I like figuring things out on PC, and honestly don't think PCs are that hard... for me it's more being in the zeitgeist I like, the "now" as it were. If you're a console gamer the whole industry is geared to you, as a PC gamer you're sort of on your own.

So I keep having these moments where I'm like "I'm going console" and I start buying my games exclusively for them. Then in a few months or so I say "what the hell am I doing I'm a PC gamer!" and I come back to PCs. It's a vicous circle, usually started by a game that really sucks on console but I know would be amazing on PC with the settings cranked and mouse control... last time it was Left 4 Dead, which was HORRID on Xbox, I seriously don't know how anyone can play that game on that console.

Anyway... err... yeah. Welcome back.

MaxFX
03-23-09, 04:21 PM
One world get this

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/15823-future-stereo-3d-part-i-nvidia-geforce-3d-vision.html

BTW welcome back to the right path brother as you have seen the light shine really bright now when you have waded in the dark ;)

And nope havent tested the Stereo 3D myself but it seems to be the real deal!

MaxFX
03-23-09, 04:21 PM
So what is it like to work through a year long temporary lobotomy? My kids use the 360, I consider it a toy. Graphics are nothing next to my PC and controlling shooters with a 360 controller is too hard imo.

Amen to that :D

crainger
03-24-09, 01:09 AM

Keep practising, you might get better.

nekrosoft13
03-24-09, 01:12 AM
Keep practising, you might get better.

doesn't matter how long your practive, gamepad will never be as accurate as mouse.

crainger
03-24-09, 01:16 AM
Unless you are good at games. Then you will be.

nekrosoft13
03-24-09, 01:17 AM
you silly wabbit

crainger
03-24-09, 01:30 AM
::jumping::

bob saget
03-24-09, 02:49 AM
i think mouse is faster.

nekrosoft13
03-24-09, 03:16 AM
http://www.baconstripranch.com/images/20_Elmer_Fudd2.jpg

bob saget
03-24-09, 03:26 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VTTYRrP2uts&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VTTYRrP2uts&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

crainger
03-24-09, 03:33 AM
Duck Season.

bob saget
03-24-09, 03:33 AM
wabbit

K007
03-24-09, 04:21 AM
Vampire the Masquarade Bloodlines is one of the best games in history it was released in rather buggy state, but after all the community patches it is in very good state now.

go for it ;)

+1 on this comment.

Quick420
03-24-09, 11:21 AM
The game is playable now????? Holy Shnikies,will have to re-install.First time I played it right near the beginning the first time I headed down the pier all the textures went crazy.I tried countless drivers but still could not get it to work correctly.Now to hunt for patches.....LOL;)

HiCZoK4
03-24-09, 02:37 PM
I will go for bloodlines then
And damn !!!! PC rocks after playing console almost a year :D

crainger
03-24-09, 02:54 PM
The game is playable now????? Holy Shnikies,will have to re-install.First time I played it right near the beginning the first time I headed down the pier all the textures went crazy.I tried countless drivers but still could not get it to work correctly.Now to hunt for patches.....LOL;)

Everyone who wants to play Bloodlines with 4Gb you may have to limit your RAM to 3Gb otherwise the game will default to low res textures. Of course there is no menu option to force high again. This happened to me last time I played. I just lowered the RAM in MSCONFIG.

zoomy942
03-24-09, 03:09 PM
play anything in the Thief series. yeah, its a pain to make it work on a Vista OS but it's worth it. very very unique gaming experience

AdamK47
03-24-09, 04:18 PM
Everyone who wants to play Bloodlines with 4Gb you may have to limit your RAM to 3Gb otherwise the game will default to low res textures. Of course there is no menu option to force high again. This happened to me last time I played. I just lowered the RAM in MSCONFIG.

There's a user modified DX9 dll that will fix that now.

HiCZoK4
03-27-09, 02:29 PM
So what do I need to get started with Bloodlines?
1.2 patch
1.2 to 4.9
4.9 to 5.0
5.0 to 5.1

Is there anything more I should get?

nekrosoft13
03-27-09, 02:49 PM
latest community patch already included the 1.2 patch, so just grab the latest community full patch

crainger
03-27-09, 03:48 PM
There's a user modified DX9 dll that will fix that now.

That's good news.

Way to undermine my troubleshooting skillz. This aint over.