PDA

View Full Version : Cryengine 3 Tech Video on IGN.com

Pages : [1] 2 3

NarcissistZero
03-23-09, 03:24 PM
Here: http://pc.ign.com/dor/articles/965172/cry-engine-3-video/videos/cryengine3_trl_032309.html

This is console footage, by the way, and for console footage it looks rather amazing. It uses Crysis enviornment and also new enviornments... it could very well be Crysis 2 or Crysis for consoles footage/enviornments, but no one knows.

I would say the fact they released this as a console video shows where the focus is for this engine. Maybe that also means a more optimized code on PC? Who knows.

NarcissistZero
03-23-09, 03:30 PM
But the island part is not impressive at all, looks like the current engine...

Well the whole point of CE3 is to make CE2 work on console.

H4yd3n
03-23-09, 03:34 PM
It looks great, I noticed it looked better than CE2 on max settings. I really do hope more games start using CryEngine. We especially need a good multiplayer FPS. Imagine BF2 with CE3. :headexplode:

m3dude
03-23-09, 03:53 PM
looks much worse than crysis/crysis warhead on high settings

|MaguS|
03-23-09, 03:57 PM
So are they actually going to use the engine to make non jungle games then? Crysis in the city would be awesome...

Noriega
03-23-09, 04:23 PM
So are they actually going to use the engine to make non jungle games then? Crysis in the city would be awesome...

+1

maybe in Obsidian Edge 2 there will be a city map

MaxFX
03-23-09, 04:30 PM
Woow fu..amazing if it's real time on a console. have my doubts that the 360/PS3 can produce this quality in a real game. if it's possible its pisses all over anything else I have seen on them.

Then Epic should be very afraid, Unreal engine whoot's that :D

Buio
03-23-09, 04:32 PM
Was checking out the comments on a Crysis fan site, and it was full of whine with "Consolized crap" "Cryengine 1.5" etc. :P

If someone finds a HD download link (i.e. 720p) please post.

|MaguS|
03-23-09, 04:42 PM
Woow fu..amazing if it's real time on a console. have my doubts that the 360/PS3 can produce this quality in a real game. if it's possible its pisses all over anything else I have seen on them.

Then Epic should be very afraid, Unreal engine whoot's that :D

Epic has nothing to fear because they have better marketing the Crytek. Crytek always had a better engine, they couldn't sell it worth ****.

Are you hinting at that Crytek showed fake footage? Your favorite developer is lying to the public? Gasp!

Im sure a game will look worse when released due to the demo missing alot like enemy models and ai (like Crysis Tech demo looked better then what the retail game looked like).

MaxFX
03-23-09, 04:50 PM
Epic has nothing to fear because they have better marketing the Crytek. Crytek always had a better engine, they couldn't sell it worth ****.

Are you hinting at that Crytek showed fake footage? Your favorite developer is lying to the public? Gasp!

Im sure a game will look worse when released due to the demo missing alot like enemy models and ai (like Crysis Tech demo looked better then what the retail game looked like).

naah of course I was kidding as we all knows EPIC own's pretty much every dev out there.

yeah sure it will looks worse as allways when it's a demo but who knows what these wizards have cooked up, they know if they will make some inroad then it better be something special and i think it is.

BTW been playing Warhead for a while and man is it boring. did I just said that ;)
Anyway I wasent to keen on Crysis eaiter. I will take a game like Cryostasis or Mirrors Edge anyday as IMO they are much much better and more fun!

slivski
03-23-09, 04:53 PM
That was impressive, always nice to see consoles play catch up *hides*.
In all seriousness, this looks very promissing.

Noriega
03-23-09, 05:06 PM
Impressive? Nothing new WTF! There was huge difference between CE1 and CE2 this one looks only like CE2 for consoles with washed textures. I hoped for more physix etc.

MaxFX
03-23-09, 05:41 PM
Impressive? Nothing new WTF! There was huge difference between CE1 and CE2 this one looks only like CE2 for consoles with washed textures. I hoped for more physix etc.

hehe it was impressive for a console I think we can all agree on that. if it will look anything like it!
If it was for the Pc then man are we in for a BIG downgrade or what ;)

JohnDio
03-23-09, 05:51 PM
CryEngine3 Tech Demo
http://i39.tinypic.com/2dm9z9.jpgfugly%20http://i39.tinypic.com/2dm9z9.jpg

VS

Crysis (CryEngine2)
http://www.imageshack.gr/files/ba3jo5mo0jihck5xkcnq.jpg (http://www.imageshack.gr/view.php?file=ba3jo5mo0jihck5xkcnq.jpg)

fizix
03-23-09, 05:55 PM
Lol, can't say I'm impressed.

Buenamos
03-23-09, 06:01 PM
Looks great! Very impressive!

Noriega
03-23-09, 06:09 PM
you guys gonna say "impressiv" for everything with Xbox logo doesn't you?

|MaguS|
03-23-09, 06:14 PM
you guys gonna say "impressiv" for everything with Xbox logo doesn't you?

So achieving Crysis level graphics on the consoles when everyone said it couldn't be done isn't impressive? I mean yeah its not better and some parts look worse but other parts look amazing and very dam good for being done on the consoles.

Get over yourself, its a great benchmark for graphics quality on consoles and a very impressive technical feat. I just hope they don't revert back to relying on graphics rather then gameplay when their console game is released.

Buenamos
03-23-09, 06:19 PM
So achieving Crysis level graphics on the consoles when everyone said it couldn't be done isn't impressive? I mean yeah its not better and some parts look worse but other parts look amazing and very dam good for being done on the consoles.

Get over yourself, its a great benchmark for graphics quality on consoles and a very impressive technical feat. I just hope they don't revert back to relying on graphics rather then gameplay when their console game is released.

what she said ;)

Noriega
03-23-09, 06:21 PM

When? Who? Crytek FROM THE BEGINING said that Cry Engine 2 will be for next gens they only said that Crysis will be released on PC so no suprise here. The only thing is that they changed number from 2 for 3 for no reason they said that CE2 will be for xbox 360 and ps3. I had hope t hat CE3 will be REALLY big improvement.

|MaguS|
03-23-09, 06:26 PM
When? Who? Crytek FROM THE BEGINING said that Cry Engine 2 will be for next gens they only said that Crysis will be released on PC so no suprise here. The only thing is that they changed number from 2 for 3 for no reason they said that CE2 will be for xbox 360 and ps3. I had hope t hat CE3 will be REALLY big improvement.

It is a big improvement... look at the lighting difference, also its alot more optimized again considering of how it looks ON THE CONSOLES. If you want to do a fair comparison of the engines wait for them to Demo it on the PCs where it will probably show even more improvement.

JohnDio
03-23-09, 06:27 PM

Welcome to OFN. We already KNEW that CryEngine2 for the consoles look "almost" as good as the high settings of CryEngine2 for the PC at lower res. The comparison i posted demonstrate this. Notice the thicker grass, smaller objects, limited view distance (in action you will also notice the way limited LOD). This CryEngine3 looks like a mix of medium/high settings of CryEngine2 (and it also has frame drops when the physics kick in).

PS: In last GDC, Carl Jones of Crytek made that statements.

Noriega
03-23-09, 06:40 PM
It's just an engine... game and engine there's a drifference what only I tried to say is that Crytek just made CE2 for consoles and named it CE3 while it's CE2.5 really but we will see it's power on PC so then will we judge.

Soetdjuret
03-23-09, 06:40 PM
HD Version: http://rs740.rapidshare.com/files/212725998/cryengine3_trl_032309_wmvhd.rar

MaxFX
03-23-09, 06:51 PM
Welcome to OFN. We already KNEW that CryEngine2 for the consoles look "almost" as good as the high settings of CryEngine2 for the PC at lower res. The comparison i posted demonstrate this. Notice the thicker grass, smaller objects, limited view distance (in action you will also notice the way limited LOD). This CryEngine3 looks like a mix of medium/high settings of CryEngine2 (and it also has frame drops when the physics kick in).

PS: In last GDC, Carl Jones of Crytek made that statements.

Absolutely true and as I said impressive for a console but if it was for the Pc we are in for a downgrade BIGTIME ;)

They said many times that it will probably look like the Medium setting but I say thats probably not true. what we see now is as you said smaller objects/ distance / less polygons of course but when i saw it running it was pretty awsome as awsome for a console!

Idiots to call it a brand new engine, sure if they mean better optimized to run on crappy weak hardware on sub 720P hehe. they will just make up some hype thats all theres to it but the console fanboys cant get it to their thick skulls :D