PDA

View Full Version : Silent cooler for 8800 (GTX)?

Gaco
03-24-09, 09:12 AM
I'm looking for the most silent cooler I can find for my 8800GTX. Because of some problems I've been having with my current case, I will soon be switching case to a more minimalist and silent case hopefully with sound reducing foam on the inside.

I have a feeling that my 8800GTX is producing quite a bit amount of noise when it really kicks in during gaming sessions and sometimes it gets medium high just if the computer has been switched for on enough hours. It's not an outright annoying sound, it's not highpitched or anything, but I'd really like to get rid of it.

The three brands I know makes these kind of things is Thermalright, Thermaltake, Artic Cooling and Zalman. But it's quite a little zoo still. Any suggestions?

DeusGear
03-24-09, 12:20 PM
accelero def.

FastRedPonyCar
03-24-09, 07:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/fastredponycar/Computer/IMG_9234.jpg

Gaco
03-25-09, 06:06 AM
^^ Am I supposed to recognize thit? :o

Is that a pic of the Artic Cooling Accelero? Is it really silent in spite of having 3 fans? Admittedly that must mean less work per fan, but still, is it a silent solution? :)

FastRedPonyCar
03-25-09, 08:09 AM
^^ Am I supposed to recognize thit? :o

Is that a pic of the Artic Cooling Accelero? Is it really silent in spite of having 3 fans? Admittedly that must mean less work per fan, but still, is it a silent solution? :)

Yep, hence the AC and "Accelero" logos. :D

It's TOTALLY silent and WAAAAY more effecient at cooling. My MSI card ran too hot even in it's stock oc clock form and I more or less had to get the bios editing/flashing software and lower the clock and ram speed down to stock GTX speed. Only reason for this was because my computer room gets MUCH hotter than the other rooms in my house.

The acceclero is so good at cooling, I was able to raise the clock speed up MUCH higher (higher than how it came OC'd from MSI) and was able to put the side panel back on also.

The only real problem I encountered with the accelero (which others encountered also) is that the shroud has a lip on it that on some mobos will hit the SATA ports and prevent the card from fully going into the slot. It wasn't a big deal as everyone discovered the lip can easily be dremel'd away enough to let it go all the way down.

But yeah, I'm totally satisfied with mine.

Gaco
03-25-09, 08:41 AM
Thanks guys, I've looked up some reviews and I'm totally convinced. I gotta have that piece of hardware, hehe (nana2)