PDA

View Full Version : Best games to break in a G25

tornadog
03-24-09, 11:02 AM
Thinking of getting a G25 to get into racing sims. What games would you guys recommend so I can get the full experience? My pc/console racing has been limited to NFS and other arcade series.

Logical
03-24-09, 11:15 AM
GTR Evolution for a sim

Something a little less sim and more arcade i would recommend GRID

H3avyM3tal
03-24-09, 01:22 PM
For yer console sim needs, Gran Turismo is the name, and playing with the G25 well is the game. You won't be dissapointed :)

Wanna get me a G25 to replace the DFP...

tornadog
03-24-09, 04:13 PM
Arent those real hardcore, I want something to ease into sims. If I get something that drives me crazy, then I would just end up sending it to heavyMetal!!!

tornadog
03-26-09, 11:23 AM
This might sound stupid, but I got GTR Evo and I was trying my first practice run. Every assist turned on and novice difficulty. I press down the acclerator pedal and the i see the rpm meter going ot the red, but the car doesnt move. I can use the paddle shift to change gear even though its on auto transmision??? How do I move the damn car...lol

H3avyM3tal
03-26-09, 11:54 AM
I don't think getting into GT is hard. All you need is minimum car-physics knowledge :) Besides, GT is less sim than GTR I think (correct me if I'm wrong slaWter), and it really is a great racing sim if you wanna start with something (Try GT4 for the selection, and than GT5P).

Don't worry, all you need is little practice! Have no fear and do try to have fun with your AWESOME wheel :)

abcgamer
03-26-09, 01:07 PM
Strange on auto gears it should shift by itslef and accelerate accordingly. Make sure you have pit lane speed limiter on. AI automatically drives you in and out of your pit box if you have it off you will have to press the assigned key to manually change it. That could be one of the reasons as car is refusing to move ...

SimBin games are nice sims and it should work well I guess. Also you can try it on PS3 games like GT5P and others.

slivski
03-26-09, 01:09 PM
+1 for life for speed, amazing sim.

tornadog
03-26-09, 02:18 PM
I need some help configuring the g25. I have zero clue what those profiler settings do. I found an article that had some settings for newbies but the FF is too strong with that. Using default everything on Grid, I find it hard to control the car. Is the profiler at all useful or should I do everything ingame. Also are there publically available setups that I can import for these games?

Falkonna
03-26-09, 02:42 PM
Richard Burns Rally is something you got to try on G25 if you're in for driving simulators.