PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3: The Pitt Official Thread

Pages : [1] 2

NarcissistZero
03-24-09, 03:58 PM
Out now on Games for Windows Live! Marketplace. $10, as normal, and you can buy that exact amount through the Zune marketplace, from what I have heard.

Taking forever to download.

|MaguS|
03-24-09, 04:00 PM
Heard its broken on the X360, wonder if the same is true for the PC release...

NarcissistZero
03-24-09, 04:02 PM
I saw an image from the 360 release and it has those big orange boxes you get when you screw up in the mod kit... haha.

I'll let you know if this measley 350MB ever downloads.

LordJuanlo
03-24-09, 06:51 PM
Anybody can confirm whether the non-C drive issues have been fixed?. Previous DLC wouldn't work if Fallout 3 was installed in a different drive than C

nekrosoft13
03-24-09, 06:58 PM
they still haven't fix that with the first DLC, simply pathetic.

NarcissistZero
03-24-09, 07:13 PM
Downloaded... works fine... I think it's already longer than Anchorage. Lots of cool new armor and weapons already and I'm only a couple hours in. Much more story focused. Here are some screens:

http://www.abload.de/img/001lkrt.png
http://www.abload.de/img/0020kb6.png
http://www.abload.de/img/003pceo.png

nekrosoft13
03-24-09, 07:17 PM
so is that "other" drive issue fixed in this DLC?

NarcissistZero
03-24-09, 07:20 PM
I don't know, I only have one internal HDD.

ChaoticNick
03-24-09, 07:46 PM
nice screens Narcissist, can't wait to play this

Mike89
03-25-09, 01:49 AM
So how is this accessed in the game? Is there another radio message saying to go there or what?

NarcissistZero
03-25-09, 01:55 AM
So how is this accessed in the game? Is there another radio message saying to go there or what?

Yeah, same as last time... radio signal for help, you arrive, brief mission in the wasteland, then off to a whole seperate map.

LordJuanlo
03-25-09, 03:43 AM
they still haven't fix that with the first DLC, simply pathetic.

Here (http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/p/1927/14119.aspx)'s a fix for it creating a symbolic link, easier on Vista, doable on XP too.

NarcissistZero
03-25-09, 03:47 AM
Just got done playing it for a couple hours... good stuff. Much different than Anchorage, it's basically more of what Fallout 3 was normaly. Cool new area though...

It's a shame this wasn't developed as a real expansion, as the idea and world, if expanded, is great for it.

nutcrackr
03-25-09, 05:25 AM
so is that "other" drive issue fixed in this DLC?

NO.

Can you honestly believe Microsoft's incompetence? It's unfathomable.

How hard it is to move some files to another drive, MS failage #459 :thumbdwn:

NarcissistZero
03-25-09, 10:37 AM
NO.

Can you honestly believe Microsoft's incompetence? It's unfathomable.

How hard it is to move some files to another drive, MS failage #459 :thumbdwn:

You move the mod files to the date folder anyway... if you move them to the data folder on your other HDD, the game still doesn't detect them?

If that fixes it then it only takes 5 seconds, and most people do it anyway since it's the only way to make the DLC mod compatible.

Mike89
03-25-09, 02:31 PM
I know it's not hard to move them but the point is, there is no choice at the beginning (I should be able to put them where I want at the beginning) and then having to do research just to find out where the files are. Myself, I run XP on it's own partition (a small one). I don't want files going into the C drive unless I purposely put them there. It's hard to believe that Microsoft could miss something like this with the systems out these days. It's like they still think everyone is running computers from 10 years ago on a single partition single hard drives and still putting everything in C:\Program Files.

newparad1gm
03-25-09, 02:52 PM
So have people experienced no issues with the PC version? It seems that they pulled the PC version as well as the 360 version due to bugs. Oh well, I'll probably get this when a full pack comes out, like Knights of the Nine was to Oblivion.

NarcissistZero
03-25-09, 04:27 PM
It's hard to believe that Microsoft could miss something like this with the systems out these days. It's like they still think everyone is running computers from 10 years ago on a single partition single hard drives and still putting everything in C:\Program Files.

I do that... :o

Roliath
03-25-09, 04:58 PM

I dont see any problems with that if you have a solid backup plan.

|MaguS|
03-25-09, 05:05 PM

So do I... and probably 90% of the people who own PCs. I bet setting different partitions is alot rare then people think.

NarcissistZero
03-25-09, 05:25 PM
I dont see any problems with that if you have a solid backup plan.

I have an external HDD I copy important files to as a backup, yes, but it can't be used for gaming.

When I go get another HDD I'm going to just get a 2TB one and replace my 750GB, so I will still only have one internal HDD and will still do as he mocks.

Mike89
03-25-09, 06:52 PM
When I go get another HDD I'm going to just get a 2TB one and replace my 750GB, so I will still only have one internal HDD and will still do as he mocks.

He mocks? Wasn't aware I was mocking anyone. You want a system you can't back up with fragmentation that is much harder to control with Windows right in the middle of it all, be my guest. I don't choose to set up my system that way, but hey, that's just me. I know all to well the advantages of partitioning Windows, but not everyone does (in fact, most do not). My comments on the way Microsoft acts stupid sometimes was not meant to be a debate of how people set up their systems. It was meant to show that all people do not set up their systems in the same way and Microsoft should know this instead of trying to do a one size fits all approach. Some people just have a hard time thinking outside the box. Microsoft could have just as easily chose to put the DLC in the game folder where it belongs or asked the user where to put it just like just about every other installer does. Of course, I guess a lot would put it in C:\Program Files. Ouch, couldn't resist.

NarcissistZero
03-25-09, 07:00 PM
He mocks? Wasn't aware I was mocking anyone. You want a system you can't back up with fragmentation that is much harder to control with Windows right in the middle of it all, be my guest. I don't choose to set up my system that way, but hey, that's just me. I know all to well the advantages of partitioning Windows, but not everyone does (in fact, most do not). My comments on the way Microsoft acts stupid sometimes was not meant to be a debate of how people set up their systems. Some people just have a hard time thinking outside the box.

I didn't mean like... offensive mocking.

And I can back up my system.

Mike89
03-25-09, 07:06 PM
I was referring to backing up your complete system, not just isolated files.

NarcissistZero
03-25-09, 07:15 PM
Well, I don't really feel a deep need to do that. Everything I care about is on my external, and with Steam as my main game method, I just have to redownload everything. I guess redownloading would be a chore in some respects, but so would setting up a backup, and chances are I won't need it.

I guess I could keep my current HDD and do as you describe when I upgrade, I just don't see myself bothering.

As for defrag and such, I use PerfectDisk10, which tells me my drive speed and open space clusters are "excellent" and I notice no performance hitching, so I'm fine on that score as well.