PDA

View Full Version : FileFront says "Farewell"

Pages : [1] 2

AngelGraves13
03-25-09, 04:01 PM
Dear FileFront User:

We regret to inform you that due to the current economic conditions we are forced to indefinitely suspend the FileFront site operations on March 30, 2009. If you have uploaded files, images or posted blogs, or if you would like to download some of your favorite files, please take this opportunity to download them before March 30th when the site will be suspended.

We would like to give a warm thank you to all of you who have been part of the FileFront communities we have built together. Your support has had a meaningful impact for all of us here at FileFront. Again, we want to give you a sincere “thank you” for your support over the years and wish you all the very best.

Keep gaming alive,

FileFront Management and Team.

Contact_us@filefront.com

jkmetal
03-25-09, 04:01 PM
Dear FileFront User:

We regret to inform you that due to the current economic conditions we are forced to indefinitely suspend the FileFront site operations on March 30, 2009. If you have uploaded files, images or posted blogs, or if you would like to download some of your favorite files, please take this opportunity to download them before March 30th when the site will be suspended.

We would like to give a warm thank you to all of you who have been part of the FileFront communities we have built together. Your support has had a meaningful impact for all of us here at FileFront. Again, we want to give you a sincere “thank you” for your support over the years and wish you all the very best.

Keep gaming alive,

FileFront Management and Team.

Contact_us@filefront.com

**** **** ****!!!!!

Runs to download **** like a madman.

|MaguS|
03-25-09, 04:03 PM
That sucks.

I still rememeber 3DFiles.com, They rocked!

newparad1gm
03-25-09, 04:03 PM
Bah, I always liked FileFront because you didn't need registration to download, and there was no waiting in line and my download speeds were generally decent to good. Its too bad, but at least they didn't become like FilePlanet. I guess I'll just move on to gamershell now.

bacon12
03-25-09, 04:07 PM
Yea I feel the same way. It was a great site, and didn't have a lot of BS attached.

AngelGraves13
03-25-09, 04:09 PM
Since buying on Steam instead of retail, I've never had to visit any website for anything, but I did go to FileFront once or twice for Cheese's Mouse Fix to get a perfect straight line instead of the awful curves that acceleration gives you.

I have that backed up, so I'm set.

mojoman0
03-25-09, 04:25 PM
ugh there goes the easiest to use file site.

nekrosoft13
03-25-09, 04:26 PM
damn, file front was my favorite place to grab files, no wait lines, huge selection.

NarcissistZero
03-25-09, 04:26 PM
Bah, I always liked FileFront because you didn't need registration to download, and there was no waiting in line and my download speeds were generally decent to good. Its too bad, but at least they didn't become like FilePlanet. I guess I'll just move on to gamershell now.

I would sugget Atomicgamer first... I get much faster speeds there, and Gamershell has cut out on me before mid-download.

grey_1
03-25-09, 04:32 PM
damn, file front was my favorite place to grab files, no wait lines, huge selection.

+1

This sucks :(

nvm - reread the op..blah.

Logical
03-25-09, 04:40 PM
Not good, farewell filefront.

Gamershell UK servers have gone really slow recently...heres me looking for alternative file download sites.
:(

Logical
03-25-09, 04:41 PM
double post

Quick420
03-25-09, 05:28 PM
Craptastic News,it was the best simply put:(

S.I.N
03-25-09, 06:02 PM
Good riddance was my first thought, no more paying for demos and betas then I rememberd that's....fileplanet.:(

Sobbsy
03-25-09, 07:45 PM
Oh that is not good. I LOVE filefront... All the major game mod websites I use have FileFront links.

This just SUCKS. And I didn't see it coming.

MowTin
03-25-09, 08:25 PM
I always wondered how they made money. I guess now I know...they didn't. :(

SH64
03-25-09, 08:57 PM
:(

sMull
03-25-09, 09:49 PM
Been using it for years, a shame.

evox
03-25-09, 11:02 PM
Noo :(

**** this sucks. :(

CaptNKILL
03-25-09, 11:05 PM
Bah, this really sucks. :(

That site was always pretty reliable for getting files quickly with no hassle. :(

I miss 3DFiles too. :(

JasonPC
03-25-09, 11:40 PM
Well crap I loved Filefront :(

crainger
03-26-09, 01:31 AM
::(:

FileFront was my fav.

Phyxion
03-26-09, 03:41 AM
Another ****ing **** crap site down, all I got from FF was 1-3KB/s.

Buio
03-26-09, 04:39 AM
I always wondered how they made money. I guess now I know...they didn't. :(

Advertising. And Filefront has been around many years now, so they have probably been able to make some money before at least.

crainger
03-26-09, 05:05 AM
I blame all the adblockers. ::p: