PDA

View Full Version : how to activate video-in?

yoladude
06-08-03, 09:06 PM
okay....i have an xfx ti4200 with vivo. i just installed the wdm nvidia drivers which are supposed to activate video in, but i have no idea what to do now. there's no documentation on it. i have one plain-vanilla black s-video cable, and a cable with one s-video port on one end (goes into the card) and two s-video ports to plug another s-video cable into on the other end (one is red and says "IN", the other is black and says "OUT"). so how do i set it up so i can watch tv, vhs movies, or a game system on my comp?

gstanford
06-09-03, 01:51 AM
windows movie maker is built right into your OS, VirtualDUB is a great freeware utility and Cyberlink's PowerVCR 2.0 is often given away free on coverdisks (you may even be able to download it from them - i'm not sure). Ulead video studio is another possibility, and probably came with the card. If you have money then give Adobe Premiere a go.

yoladude
06-09-03, 07:01 PM
alrighty, thanks man.....i see in windows movie maker i can select my card as input...and i got powerVCR with my card, i just didn't know what it was. i'll try it out later.

edit: damn; i got power vcr, but its only a 30-day trial version, so screw that. i dont think i gots any other video in utilities, so i'll try one of the free ones u listed.

D00M
06-09-03, 07:49 PM
Power director should also be avialbe on the XFX driver CD.

yoladude
06-09-03, 09:25 PM
yea, it is...but can i use it just for viewing movies or console games on my monitor? will it go fullscreen?