PDA

View Full Version : can i only use TV for video playback

gulo
08-30-02, 10:40 AM
Hi
I like the nview feature where I can set in Overlay options full screen device to TV so whenever I watch videos it plays fullscreen on TV nicely and I can even switch between applications on PC monitor. The truth is that I never really use my TV for anything else except video playback and I hate it when it switches from video playback to standard desktop (all that popping that makes me worry about my TV health).
Is it possible to ONLY use TV out when I play videos and turn it off / stay in video playback mode (just black screen) when I am not playing videos ?
thanks
gulo

JonathanM
08-31-02, 10:45 AM
I haven't heard of such a setting. It looks to me like you'll have to be doing manually everytime...

Intangir
09-13-05, 02:57 PM
i want to do EXACTLY the same thing

is there a setting for this yet? its been 3 years ;)

HighTest
09-13-05, 03:21 PM
I used to be able to do this with my old Matrox G400 and G-Rainbow Runner expansion card. The Zoran DVD decoding module would allow direct to TV full screen playback without the windows switching and other stuff.

I've yet to see this in any other product since then.

Oh well...

PikachuMan
09-13-05, 05:21 PM
I used to be able to do this with my old Matrox G400 and G-Rainbow Runner expansion card. The Zoran DVD decoding module would allow direct to TV full screen playback without the windows switching and other stuff.

I've yet to see this in any other product since then.

Oh well...

I used to do that with my 9700pro, there was something called "Theater Mode" that would automatically set it like that. Not sure if nvidia has an equivalent.

Edit: Nevermind, just tried the "Full-Screen Video Settings" thing nvidia has, I see what the thread-starter is talking about now.