PDA

View Full Version : PC Crashes when there is a Big explotion suspecting is my 9600 GT extreme

muelo1000
03-29-09, 09:37 PM
ok so i have been having this problem were about for 4 month now every game that i play crashes .First i tought it was just COD 4 but then i realized that all my other games started crashing, a friend told me to lower all the setting and try it worked fine. then he told me to turn up the Resolution game works until there is an explosion but its not on the first it will take about 5 or 6 of if theres a big one as if it had just way to much to process. Now turn up the setting and bam 15 to 30 min it crashes in to a black screen and looping audio, any ideas would help iam thingking is my card what do you guys think also there a computer shop that said they would be able to figure out what the problem but dont know it would be nice if i can take care of it my self.

The Who
04-05-09, 01:23 AM
Man WTF, almost 100 people viewed your thread but not a single person could bother to give you any help, I don't mind taking the time.
I had a similar issue with my prev system and it took a while to track down. Basically you need to track down what component or components that aren't working right. Start by testing the stability of the main components. If you've installed anything new lately check all your physical connections, cables, fans ect. Check your device manager for anything strange. If you OC check all your setting or post some here and maybe I can help.
Use the following programs to test each:
CPU & MB/fsb: Prime95
Memory:Memtest86
GPU: FurMark try to watch your temps it could be overheating, use rivatuner or EVGA precision to up your GPU fan. IMO ~80c is too high.
HD: There is normally a diagnostics tool for each brand or run windows error check.

If all above seems good and stable and temps are within range you could try reinstalling critical software like DX, Drivers Visual C++, openAL. Update everything that isn't. That should give you a good starting point but it can go much much deeper into reg cleaning, pagefile.

bob saget
04-05-09, 02:44 AM
Man WTF, almost 100 people viewed your thread but not a single person could bother to give you any help, I don't mind taking the time.
I had a similar issue with my prev system and it took a while to track down. Basically you need to track down what component or components that aren't working right. Start by testing the stability of the main components. If you've installed anything new lately check all your physical connections, cables, fans ect. Check your device manager for anything strange. If you OC check all your setting or post some here and maybe I can help.
Use the following programs to test each:
CPU & MB/fsb: Prime95
Memory:Memtest86
GPU: FurMark try to watch your temps it could be overheating, use rivatuner or EVGA precision to up your GPU fan. IMO ~80c is too high.
HD: There is normally a diagnostics tool for each brand or run windows error check.

If all above seems good and stable and temps are within range you could try reinstalling critical software like DX, Drivers Visual C++, openAL. Update everything that isn't. That should give you a good starting point but it can go much much deeper into reg cleaning, pagefile.

if they didnt reply, it means people on here are douchebags. Not because they dont know or maybe dont have the time to reply......>

i am a douchebag.

XDanger
04-05-09, 04:28 AM
This is the first time I've seen this thread.

My douchebag answer is ...Uninstall your sound drivers.

Bman212121
04-05-09, 07:43 AM
ok so i have been having this problem were about for 4 month now every game that i play crashes .First i tought it was just COD 4 but then i realized that all my other games started crashing, a friend told me to lower all the setting and try it worked fine. then he told me to turn up the Resolution game works until there is an explosion but its not on the first it will take about 5 or 6 of if theres a big one as if it had just way to much to process. Now turn up the setting and bam 15 to 30 min it crashes in to a black screen and looping audio, any ideas would help iam thingking is my card what do you guys think also there a computer shop that said they would be able to figure out what the problem but dont know it would be nice if i can take care of it my self.

Is it crashing as in a blank screen? If so then it's a common issue with the 9600GT cards. I just RMA'ed mine for it about a month ago. If you can't RMA it then underclock the card and it will probably work just fine. I believe the manufacturer's just went too crazy on the clock speeds and these cards just won't handle the OC.

XDanger
04-05-09, 11:59 AM
Thats a non douchbag answer

tut tut

muelo1000
01-03-10, 01:38 PM
Problem solved after my suspicion i bought a Evga 275 and No more problems Thanx every one for taking the time to read my post and reply