PDA

View Full Version : WWE: Legends of Wrestlemania or Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 ?

Tygerwoody
03-30-09, 07:25 AM
I haven't followed wrestling in nearly 8 years. However, I have had an itch to play a wrestling game lately. I downloaded Legends of Wrestlemania on the PS3 the other day and had an absolute blast! Wrestling games have always been fun to me. I'm thinking about buying one of these two.

Was just wondering which one I should buy. I don't know any of the current WWE wrestlers, however, I heard Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 is the better game. On the otherside, I think it would be neat to reenact matches between legends of wrestling(WWE Legends of Wrestling).

Has anyone played either? Bought either? Help me decide which to buy!

Tygerwoody
03-30-09, 12:00 PM
respond... now.

Q
03-30-09, 12:02 PM
Everything that I've read is that S vs R 09 is superior. That's what I would pick up...and likely will.

Tygerwoody
03-30-09, 12:25 PM
but in legends you get to use the old superstars that we grew up with. Only thing that sucks in the control scheme is absolutely terrible. Seriously there are only two buttons. Punch and Grapple.

newparad1gm
03-30-09, 12:38 PM
but in legends you get to use the old superstars that we grew up with. Only thing that sucks in the control scheme is absolutely terrible. Seriously there are only two buttons. Punch and Grapple.

Well, if you have the time though, you can look up the settings for CAWs online for your favorite old-school superstars and put them in SvR 09 yourself. And you are right, the control scheme for Legends is god-awful, from what I've played with the demo at least. I just felt like I was playing a huge quick-time event a la God of War or RE5, but instead of just quicktime button pushing for cutscenes, it was basically for the entire match. The only improvement that I saw was that you needed to execute a finisher to put an opponent down, and even then he had a pretty good chance of breaking the pin with the new pin system, which makes for more exciting matches then pinning someone after basic moves like a clothesline, which occurred often in SvR.

Peoples-Agent
04-05-09, 05:22 AM
I have WWE Legends and it is very fun. Only uses the four face buttons of the pad and the game doesn't have much depth. It's more of a WWE tribute where you relive old fights and alot of it's handled by a series of quicktime events.

I wouldn't compare the two games in all honesty. WWE Legends was released cheaper over here as it's more of a tribute.

You want a longer more indepth game I would go for S vs R.

That being said WWE Legends is a brilliant piece of nostalgia. It has an import option where you can import your made up character, like it's there to compliment S vs R rather than replace it.