PDA

View Full Version : Father killed partner who became hooked on Sony PlayStation

Pages : [1] 2

nekrosoft13
04-01-09, 12:08 PM
Malcolm Palmer, 62, turned on the mother of his three children after she became hooked on the violent Grand Theft Auto driving game.

He was forced to sleep on a sofa in their conservatory as Carol Cannom, 46, stayed up all night with the 37-inch plasma television screen she brought into their room for her all-night gaming sessions.

He would play on the computer until midnight, after which Ms Cannom would take over, regularly staying up until five or six in the morning, Lincoln Crown Court was told.

"Carol quickly became hooked. He was very unhappy about the amount of time she was playing on the PlayStation," said John Pini QC for the prosecution.

The court yesterday (Monday) heard how Palmer had also become convinced that she was having an affair, and went into a violent rage when she told him she wanted him to move out in November last year, threatening that he would never get to see their children again.

That evening he attacked her with two knives, inflicting 20 separate wounds to her upper chest. The murder was overhead by their son James, who called 999 before Palmer grabbed the phone and told emergency operators: "I'm sorry. I think I've killed her."

Defence lawyer Timothy Spencer QC told the court: "The genesis of this tragedy bizarrely lies with the purchase of the PlayStation."

Palmer, who is a retired Heathrow airport worker, admitted the murder and will be sentenced on Wednesday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/5077892/Father-killed-partner-who-became-hooked-on-Sony-PlayStation.html

bacon12
04-01-09, 12:14 PM
This proves consoles are evil.

Vanzagar
04-01-09, 12:24 PM
Would be kind of laughable if there weren't kids involved...

MaxFX
04-01-09, 12:33 PM
Fuc IDIOTS in this world, manking is the worst that ever happen mother earth, we are just parasites some better then others thought!

JaylumX
04-01-09, 12:48 PM
Almost got me for a split second and then i remembered on the BBC website or was it The Metro that some major papers will be posting hoax stories on April 1st :D

nekrosoft13
04-01-09, 01:08 PM
Almost got me for a split second and then i remembered on the BBC website or was it The Metro that some major papers will be posting hoax stories on April 1st :D

you sure this is April fools? probably not

Last Updated: 5:44PM BST 30 Mar 2009

crainger
04-01-09, 02:04 PM
If it is April Fools I don't find it very funny.

Vanzagar
04-01-09, 02:46 PM
If it is April Fools I don't find it very funny.

+1

bob saget
04-01-09, 02:59 PM
very sad......

LordJuanlo
04-01-09, 03:21 PM
Source is UK, afaik April Fools is USA only. In Spain we have this jokes day on December 28th

MaxFX
04-01-09, 03:29 PM
Nope if this was supposed to be a joke then shoot the bastard that come up with it.
A joke like this is stepping way over line!

JaylumX
04-01-09, 05:37 PM
Source is UK, afaik April Fools is USA only. In Spain we have this jokes day on December 28th

We do April fools in the UK as well.

WeReWoLf
04-01-09, 06:57 PM
And Australia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_fools

Noriega
04-01-09, 07:08 PM
Consoles are for people with half brain another prove.

saturnotaku
04-01-09, 08:25 PM
Fuc IDIOTS in this world, manking is the worst that ever happen mother earth, we are just parasites some better then others thought!

Consoles are for people with half brain another prove.

Go team retard!

bob saget
04-01-09, 10:04 PM
the sad thing is that mainstream visual media is being used as a blame for people who cannot handle it. The whole incident is really sad in itself, and i think shows how weak human nature has become, if it can be molded by cheap common sh*t.
we should be looking at those people's lives rather than focusing on the 10 hours before the death. If it wasnt playstaion, it would be an ipod, or an xbox, or anything.

Noriega
04-02-09, 01:55 AM
Go team retard!

Sorry but I wtill think that if you like PC and know how to use it, build it etc you needs more intelligence than people who only put they DVD's into driver :headexplode:

crainger
04-02-09, 04:27 AM
Go team retard!

MadFX has a Wii now. Noriega ejected him from the team.

MaxFX
04-02-09, 06:16 AM
MadFX has a Wii now. Noriega ejected him from the team.

Hey Assho.. I have used many consoles so just STFUK!!

crainger
04-02-09, 06:49 AM
Console fanboy! Get out of here! PC elite only here kthnx! Go play with nekro on your 360s!

MaxFX
04-02-09, 07:09 AM
Console BOI back to your hanheld and I havent got the damn Wii yet, if the bastard can hurry up chip it for me I want to play grr LOL

crainger
04-02-09, 02:20 PM
Oh... I see how it is. ::bleh::

You shouldn't be allowed to play anything.

jolle
04-02-09, 02:31 PM
Sweden is april 1st aswell.
Saw a recap on some of the stuff swedish television pulled, like putting nylon stockings over a black and white TV makes it a color TV.. hehe, classic..

Anyhow, I fail to see the relevance of the gaming in this story.
The guy thought she was cheating, she asked him to move out and told him he would never see his kids again, and he went berzerk.
How does that have anything to do with gaming? out of all that, is her gaming really the most likely thing to drive this guy over the edge?
Thats like all these school shootings and "police found this game at his home, case closed"...
Her overindulging in gaming is a sidenote, not the story.

MaxFX
04-02-09, 04:41 PM
Oh... I see how it is. ::bleh::

You shouldn't be allowed to play anything.

eeh whats up with you duude luudy, I will get ****loads of games from the guy I bough it so should I say no to that Mr Morale (nana2)

Drolfrawd
04-02-09, 04:44 PM
The console the ghey

pah consoles