PDA

View Full Version : multiplyers, fsb speed, memory timings?

nakedgirl2003
06-09-03, 01:38 PM
I just ordered my Abit nf7-s 2.0..

Sooooo, what do I do now?

I read all these posts, and I am more confused than ever.

Aaaaaahhhhhhhh! This is too confusing!!!

Can you tell me what the following things are:

Memory timings, what do they mean, and which would you use for an amd 2700 and Abit nf7-s?

I have been told that I can run my motherboard at 400mhz frront side bus, and that is better. What is a front side bus? And is this something anyone can do? I have taken an A+ class, but we just put together some old computers and stuff...

I read a post below that talked about multiplyers and fsb. I can see they are for overclocking...but what are you overclocking, and how does one know which ones to choose?

Are the new expensive video card really that much better than the geforce 4 4200?

I think I need new ram. How much should I get and what kind?

Will any of you just please build this for me? I am kidding. I want to do this myself (with good advice!)

Oh, and how do you flash your BIOS?

deejaya
06-09-03, 02:06 PM
A little bit old, but the definitions section is the part that can tell you most of the questions you ask.

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=guide&dId=376&dPage=2

For memory I would go for at least 1 stick of 512Mb, 2 sticks of 512Mb would be perfect in dual channel mode on that motherboard. DDR333 would be suitable, but you could get DDR400 which would be better if you ever upgraded to a 200FSB processor.